0.8

THERE WERE RARELY EVER MOMENTS IN AMBER LIVINGSTON'S LIFE WHERE SHE WISHED SHE WAS A POGUE

THERE WERE RARELY EVER MOMENTS IN AMBER LIVINGSTON'S LIFE WHERE SHE WISHED SHE WAS A POGUE. On those days it meant that she was doing something in which she'd rather being doing absolutely anything else. Going on a date with Theodore Thornton was one of them. She debated giving him the benefit of the doubt, but it was hard. He was good looking, sure, but they didn't get off on exactly the right foot. Of course, Topper bad mouthing his cousin didn't help the situation either.

Amber stood in front of her mirror, adjusting the strap of her blood red dress. It was a nice dress and hugged her figure perfectly, but she only wished it was a different occasion that required her need to wear it. Throughout the several hours she spent getting ready she had thought of different ways she could potentially bail out of the so called 'date'. Of course in the back of her mind she knew none would work because if Luis Livingston wanted this to happen, and he really wanted it too, then it would. She was livid really, being forced to go on a date with someone she hardly knew, but already highly disliked. Amber had tried convincing herself that it couldn't possibly be as terrible as she's making it out to be, telling herself so countless times in the mirror. It was a date and the worst that could happen is he kisses her at the end of it. Not that she would ever let that happen and of course it wasn't actually the worst of endings. To Amber, the worst that could happen would be Rafe seeing them together. She couldn't get put her finger on why, but she knew she was dreading the idea of Rafe finding Theo and her out on a date. Or her out on a date with anyone else for that matter.

A date. Amber hasn't been on one in months, if not, over a year. As she strapped on her heels her nerves were settling in. Maybe she didn't want to go on the date not only because it was with Theo, but because she didn't even know how to date. It was a very new concept to her to say the least. Additionally, so was the fact that her feelings towards the Cameron boy were beginning to surface once again after years. Although deep down, she knew they were never fully gone; they always lingered somewhere beneath the surface whether or not she'd fully admit to it.

Hearing the faint ring of a doorbell and the sound of footsteps pattering the stairs she gave herself one last look in the mirror, tightening her ponytail. This was it, she was going on a date. Theo's fist met the door as he knocked, praying this would end well. It's not like he planned to spend his summer fake dating his cousins best friend, yet here he was, awaiting the Livingston girl. He prayed that this would be his chance of redemption, that after tonight she'd no longer supposedly hate him.

As Amber opened her bedroom door, her eyes met Theo's shortly before they averted towards her figure.

"You look ravishing." He spoke, his words soft like butter. Amber sent a half hearted smile his way before rolling her eyes and walking past him, down the marble staircase. She'd like to admit he looked good, but her pride would never let those words slip past her lips. Still not as good looking as Rafe, She thought and then mentally facepalmed for thinking about the boy.