0.9

AMBER LIVINGSTON HELD HER FIST UP TO THE DOOR, PUTTING IT BACK DOWN QUICKLY AFTER, AS A BREATH SHE DIDN'T REALIZE SHE WAS HOLDING LEFT HER LIPS

AMBER LIVINGSTON HELD HER FIST UP TO THE DOOR, PUTTING IT BACK DOWN QUICKLY AFTER, AS A BREATH SHE DIDN'T REALIZE SHE WAS HOLDING LEFT HER LIPS. "God, what am I going to tell Rafe?" She asked herself, hesitant to see him. It's not like she had to explain anything to him, all they ever were was friends. Yet still, she couldn't help but feel a tinge of guilt sting at her. Like she was doing something wrong, going on a date with someone. She also wasn't even here to see him, it was Sarah she was looking for. But seeing as this was where Rafe lives she was bound to run into him at some point if she spent the day at the house.

Just as she was about to turn and head back towards her house, the door swung open revealing Ward Cameron. "Nice to see you Amber, you coming in? I believe Sarah's in the back and Rafe's up in his room." The man said as he stepped out, gesturing towards the inside of the house.

"Mornin' Ward, thank you." She smiled, stepping inside the house as Ward closed the door behind her. She couldn't leave now, he's already seen her.

She let out a shaky breath as she made her way towards the back of the house, hoping to find something to do with Sarah.

"Sarah!" Amber called out, seeing the girl fling around a tennis racket, "What the fuck are you doing?"

Amber laughed as Sarah refused to come greet her as she yelled something about how the birds were having a 'field day'.

"Don't just stand there, help me." She said as she flung a racket towards the older girl. Amber smiled as she picked it up, helping Sarah save mice.

"Do you wanna' go swimming?" Amber asked the younger girl as she flung the racket around, trying to shoo the birds away.

"There was just a hurricane." Sarah said as she jumped around whilst Amber shrugged in response, mumbling a 'you're no fun'.

The two girls continued jumping around for a bit up until hearing the voice of Sarah's father, "Amber, Sarah!"

"We're busy!" Sarah called as she continued what she was doing whilst Amber just stopped momentarily until Sarah nudged her for doing so. "What are you two doing?" Ward called out upon seeing the girls who looked quite comical. After all, they were jumping around with Tennis rackets trying to dismiss birds headed their way.

"The burrows filled with water from the surge!" Amber answered his question, "The birds are having a field day!" Sarah yelled as she chased after them.

"The birds have to eat too, girls." Ward responded, walking closer to the two girls. Amber didn't bother to respond, not caring much while Sarah called out something about there being a 'mouse genocide'.