1.9

"YOU DON'T KNOW THEM ANYMORE AMBER," RAFE TOLD THE SHORTER GIRL AS HE PACED BACK AND FOURTH IN THE LIVING ROOM OF HER HOUSE

"YOU DON'T KNOW THEM ANYMORE AMBER," RAFE TOLD THE SHORTER GIRL AS HE PACED BACK AND FOURTH IN THE LIVING ROOM OF HER HOUSE. "They aren't the same people you used to hangout with." Rafe shook his head, one hand tugging on the hairs at the back of his neck whilst the other was planted on his hip. "I know them better than you do Rafe." Amber inhaled deeply, not being able to meet Rafe's eyes. "I know them better than any kook, aside from my brother. You could've killed him, Rafe." The blonde pleaded, walking towards Rafe now being stood only a mere few inches away from him. "And this isn't the first time."

Finally meeting Amber's eyes, filled with a mix of anger and regret, he couldn't help but nod his head slowly. No, Rafe did not agree with Amber, but he was in love with her. He couldn't stand the thought of her being angry at him, let alone disappointed. His stomach churned at the thought of Amber ignoring him for days all because of a rivalry between people from different sides of the same island, "I'm sorry, Amber." Rafe whispered, pulling the shorter of the pair into a hug, his body engulfing hers. He was sorry, but not for the pogues, for making Amber upset . He didn't regret what he did, only the fact that the blonde had to witness it.

"You can't keep beating up the pogues, Rafe. It's not making you look like the man you think you are." She whispered, going to bury her head into the crook of his neck, but he had pulled away. "What the hell does that mean, Amber?" He looked down at her, holding her an arms length away from him. He didn't want her to see him as the monster many people were beginning too. He couldn't bear the thought of becoming a villain in Amber's story, no, he wouldn't let that happen. "Go home and sleep Rafe, I'll see you tomorrow." Amber dropped his hands from her shoulder and leaned up to give him a kiss on his cheek before exiting the room.

Amber accepted the man Rafe was, as well as the man he was becoming. She had always accepted him for who he was even if, at times, the bad qualities outweighed the good. She had to be honest with herself, she knew Rafe wouldn't lay a finger on her, but she didn't know how far he would  go when it came to harming others. She realized that she didn't know his limits, let alone if he even had any. A small part of her doubted there was anything Rafe wouldn't do, but she knew Rafe better than she knew herself. Yet she couldn't drown out the voice in the back of her head telling her to watch out for him. No, he would never let any sort of danger come near her, but bloody hell, she had no idea of the things he was capable of. He could burn the entire world to ashes, but she'd be left standing without a scratch.

Knocking on the door to the Cameron residence, Amber Livingston was greeted to the face of Ward Cameron, "Good morning, Ward. Is Sarah home?" She asked as she sent a soft smile his way. To say the least, she wasn't his biggest fan. However, Amber was one of the only people Ward fully trusted his children around. "I was under the impression she was sleeping at your house last night?" Ward looked at the young girl suspiciously, his words coming off more as a question rather than a statement as she tried to hide the shock written across her face.