𝟏𝟒

TOM JUST WANTS HER TO SHUT UP

TOM JUST WANTS HER TO SHUT UP. That's the only thing he wants. If there was a way to politely Silencio Madelina Chapman without receiving a glare from his witch, he would.

Madelina yaps away and away about her wedding- the color scheme, the food, the first song- and Tom wants to gag. It's terribly annoying to him, all of these stupid details, but he sees the way Rosamaria smiles at the girl and adds to the conversation every few minutes.

He sighs begrudgingly- if his witch his happy that's all that matters.

On the other side of the table, the boys are talking about their respective dates for the wedding, and most of them are so obvious that Tom doesn't understand the need to converse about it. The only people that don't have dates are Cantankerous and Declan. The two boys seem to be arguing vividly about something, and Tom has to strain to block their voices out.

He only now realizes that he hasn't yet asked Rosamaria to be his date. It seems pointless to ask since it's a given that they're going to be attending it together, but perhaps it's not obvious to anybody else.

He hasn't said anything about his relationship with Rosamaria, mostly because it's just common knowledge that the finest things in life are solely reserved for him, and she's no different. He decides that this would be the proper time to disclose it with all of his Knights surrounding him. He opens his mouth to speak, but an annoyingly familiar voice cuts him off.

"Um, Rosamaria," Nott says with a cough, blushing furiously as she turns her attention to him.

She smiles nicely and cocks her head to the side. "Yes?"

"Um, I was wondering, if maybe...I 'dunno...you might perhaps want to be my date to Mads's wedding?"

Rosamaria looks startled, she blinks repeatedly and she opens her mouth and closes it right away. Madelina, who was in the middle of a bite, opens her mouth and drops her biscuit to her place. It doesn't take a genius to realize that Rosamaria must have told her about their relationship, or at least hinted at it.

Rosamaria is blushing as she turns to look at Tom as if she's expecting him to say something, but he doesn't. He's perplexed as to why he's remaining silent. When he doesn't speak, Rosamaria raises a testing eyebrow and huffs as she turns back to Nott.

"Can I think about it?" she asks graciously, sending him that sweet smile that always makes men fall to their knees.

"Um, yeah," Nott says happily, more than likely ecstatic that her answer hadn't been a no.

Tom grits his teeth and, under the table and away from prying eyes, his hand latches onto Rosamaria's thigh in a manner that must be painful by the way she hitches her breath. Once the attention has been drawn away from them, he leans down to hiss in her ear. "Follow me."