𝟎𝟔

"WHY ARE WE EATING UP HERE?"

Madelina stops midbite and smiles sheepishly at Rosamaria, wiping away a trickle of onion soup that's fallen on her chin. "I like it here. There's something special about seeing the stars from here, and not from Dippet's enchanted ceiling."

Rosamaria goes along with it. She looks around the Astronomy Tower and she has to admit that it's peaceful up here. The moon is the only source of light in the darkness as they sit on the rails of the balcony, looking up at the night sky as their feet dangle over the edge. 

"Yes," Rosamaria agrees, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice. "It is nice."

Madelina hums in agreement. "It's also quiet up here."

"Yes, quiet is nice."

"You know...private..."

"Mhm."

"Rosamaria, are you going to tell me what you saw?"

Rosamaria coughs, choking on her pumpkin juice and her face contorting in horror as she looks at Madelina. "¿Qué? "

A million scenarios begin to run through her mind. Madelina is a Slytherin. The Slytherins are all overenthusiastic friends of Tom. Tom thinks- okay knows- she's a Seer. Madelina knows Tom-

"Oh, come off it with that Spanish," Madelina laughs with a roll of her eyes, seeming to ignore the fear in Rosamaria's eyes. "You know what I'm talking about."

Rosamaria gulps and she's suddenly reminded of the presence of her wand pressing against her stomach. Her hand unconsciously makes its way to her wand as her fingers wrap around the hilt. "Do I?"

"Well, yeah!" Madelina chuckles, not at all aware that Rosamaria is about two seconds away from obliviating her. "You've been so wound up since Potions the other day. You should be happy that I fixed Theo's face, but you're still so tense. You were looking their way when it happened, do you think Rosier put something in that potion on purpose?" 

Oh. Rosamaria breathes a sigh of relief and her fingers release her wand. She brings her hand up to her fluttering chest while she regains her senses. Madelina doesn't know about her Sight, she's just an observant witch who noticed Rosamaria's quiet anxiety. Damn, Riddle, she thinks running her hand through her hair. He's turning her into an anxiety-filled-obliviating monster. 

"I do not think Declan did it on purpose," she says, thinking about the gangly wizard who she can already tell has fewer brain cells than a Fire Crab. 

"Okay," Madelina says with a cock of her head. "Well, if that's not bothering you, what is? Something is?"

"It is nothing for you to worry about." Rosamaria licks her lips. Madelina isn't nearly as daft as one would originally think. She gives her a tight-lipped smile and shakes her head. "Maybe I will tell you when day when we are friends."