𝟎𝟑

THIS IS MORE LAVISH THAN ROSAMARIA EXPECTED but she's not bothered by it in the slightest. Bottles of champagne, little hors d'oeuvre on trays, enchanted blackbirds flittering close to the ceiling- it's enchanting. 

The Slytherin Common Room is located in the dungeons of Hogwarts and it's a rather cold place. It's cold, but not just because of the chill she feels skating up her arms. The walls resemble smooth rocks that are just urging to cut one with its jagged angles. The floor is a deep green marble that cries out with every step one takes. It's nothing like the Ravenclaw Common Room which is airy and light, with beautiful mountain scenes and enchanted stars twinkling in the ceiling. 

There is something foreboding about being trapped below the grounds of Hogwarts, and Rosamaria and her friends stick out like sore thumbs. 

Her two closest Ravenclaw friends-  Theodora Clearwater and Penelope Patil- had been so excited to attend an elusive Slytherin party. They had informed Rosamaria that people from other houses were never welcomed, and they had jumped at the opportunity to experience this level of extravagance. 

However, standing in the corner of the room, observing the scene around them, the two witches seem to be regretting their decision. They are dressed in the fanciest dresses they own which apparently aren't fancy at all compared to the Slytherin witches who are clad in golden-green gowns that are worth more than imaginable. 

Theodora is fumbling with the little lace trim around her periwinkle dress, and Penelope is trying to snap off the loose thread on her shoulder. While they feel they are severely underdressed, Rosamaria knows that she is supremely overdressed.  

The gown she wears is meant to intimidate and make her stand out. It's too revealing compared to what the other girls are wearing, but she doesn't care. The dress is long and reaches past her ankles, brushing against the floor with every step she takes. It's tight- almost breathless- around her waist and is lined with chains that loop around the fabric. The top half of her dress can be considered scandalous, a chocker cut against her throat with a wide slit starting at her collarbone and reaching just above her belly button, exposing her luscious cleavage that stands out because of the long golden necklace resting in between her breasts. 

She hears her mother's words in her mind as she sees the stares the Slytherin witches throw her and all she does is smile kindly at them in response. 

Wear yourself with pride, Rosamaria. Do not be bashful for shining like the diamond you are. It's better to be remembered than forgotten. 

"That dress really is lovely," Penelope whispers, taking a nervous sip of her champagne. "I don't think I'd have the confidence to pull that off."

Theodora nods rapidly as she stuffs down another crabcake. "Yeah. Remind me to look through your closet if we're ever invited to something like this again. I feel like a wilting flower over here."