Chapter 15: Twinsanity

The others are all doing a trust exercise with their dragons. I'm not joining them, because it would just be normal flying. The exercise is to rely on your dragon, when you can't see. Right now, I'm making some new Nadder spike arrows for Trader Johann.

I was working on my 38th arrow when they came back.

"What's got you guys back so early." I ask.

"Fishlegs has taught Meatlug hand signals and they worked. Now we're gonna be teaching our dragons our own signals." Hiccup explains.

"Amazing! Astrid, do you wanna work together."

"Do you even have to ask?" My girlfriend replies.

"Ok, everyone meet back here in an hour so we can see what you've done." Hiccup calls.

Astrid and I flew a little ways into the forest to start practicing. We taught simple ones like Spikeshot, Fly, Land, Go, Come, etc. We might have taken a little extra time to enjoy each other's company. When we got back, we each did a little demonstration. Toothless and Hiccup showed Battle Ready, Plasma Blast and Smile. Astrid and I showed Spikeshot.

"Well that's better than last time." Astrid mutters.

"Hahaha! Hookfang, annihilate!" Snotlout says. I hear a burst of flame and Snotlout's scream.

"Bull's-eye." Tuff says.

"Meatlug, hug." Fishlegs says. Meatlug flies up and speeds towards Fishlegs, tackling him to the ground.

"That could actually be useful. Ruff, Tuff, your turn." Hiccup says.

"Belch, come." Tuff says.

"Barf, go." Ruff says at the same time. The Zippleback tried to do both commands at once, but failed.

"Barf, sky." Ruff says.

"Belch, ground." Tuff says at the same time. The Zippleback again tries to do both and collapses.

"What do you think you're doing to my dragon?" Ruff accuses.

"Your dragon? Please, you've been breathing in Barf's gas again."

"Yeah, So?"

"Guys, guys." I say.

"Barf n'Belch is one dragon." Hiccup finishes. "You have to use one signal at a time."

"Good idea!" Ruff says.

Oh no! This won't end well. I'm getting out before I get caught in the explosion. I climb on Vision and fly out as the Twins use their dragons to attack each other. Surprisingly I didn't hear an explosion. After training Hiccup and I walked into our house. I hear Gobber straining to pull something together.

"Suck in your gut, Stoick!" Gobber says.

"It's sucked, Gobber. It doesn't suck anymore than this." Dad replies. Hiccup opens the door and we walk in.

"Ahhh the ceremonial belt." Hiccup says.

"Is it that time again?" I ask, my body filling with dread.

"Yup. Tomorrow's the annual treaty signing with the Berserker Tribe." Dad says.

"They got to change that name." Gobber remarks. "When your Chief is Oswald the Agreeable, and you haven't been to war in 50 years—"

"Oh please tell me he's not bringing that lunatic kid of his." Hiccup and I say together.

"Dagur? Oh he'll be here." Gobber says.