Season 2, Chapter 4: Tunnel Vision

"Cut him off! Make sure he doesn't escape!" orders Dad.

"I didn't think he could move that fast." Hiccup says as he and Toothless follow from the ground.

Toothless joins us in the sky as a bunch of barrels are knocked over.

"Stay on him, Vision." I say.

"Astrid, he's headed your way!" Hiccup calls as Vision swoops to the right, flying right above our quarry.

"On it!" my girlfriend's angelic voice calls out. "Stormfly, spike shot!"

I hear the spikes fire and Gobber stops.

"I won't do it Stoick." says Gobber. "And you can't make me! None of you can make me."

"Keep him surrounded!" Dad calls.

"A Viking is supposed to smell this way! It's a badge of honor." shouts Gobber. A Terrible Terror cries out and flies away disoriented.

"It's for your own good, Gobber." Dad says.

"Actually, it's for the good of the town." Hiccup and I chorus.

"Get in the tub!" orders Dad.

Snotlout and Hookfang fly and land behind Gobber.

"Hookfang, toss him in the tub." Hookfang being Hookfang, tosses Snotlout into the tub. "Every. Single. Time! Doesn't this get old for you?"

"I won't do it, Stoick."

"Now Astrid!" Hiccup shouts. Stormfly flies up and Gobber gets thrown into the tub.

As Dad restrains Gobber, I shout, "Fishlegs! Soap and water!"

Meatlug comes flying over and Fishlegs tosses a tiny bit of water at Gobber.

"You're going to have to do better than that, son." Dad says.

"I can't, sir. The well. It's run dry." says Fishlegs.

Dad and Hiccup go search the well, while the rest of us go to the arena. We wait for Hiccup, who comes with bad news.

"We need to find away to keep Berk supplied with water until a new well can be dug. Ruff, Tuff, Strap on the tub and head to Lars lake to fill it."

I ignore Tuff's dimwitted conversation with Hiccup.

"Moving on, Astrid, Snotlout, Nara. Head into the mountain streams and fill as many canteens as you can."

"Mountain streams. Romantic--ow!!!!!" Snotlout screams as Astrid takes the arm he wrapped around my shoulders and throws him to the ground. I swear I hear Astrid mutter, "No one touches my girlfriend."

"Thanks," I say before whispering in her ear, "babe."

"Fishlegs, Meatlug. You're gonna help me figure out what happened to that well."

"Um, you may not know this, but Meatlug and I don't do well in tight spaces." I struggle to hold in my laugh at how that sounds out of context.

"Let's go guys."

"You know girls, I've been thinking." says Snotlout.

"We've talked about you thinking Snotlout." I say.

"It's not good. For anyone." Astrid chimes in.

"Who says we have to give this water away?"

"What are you talking about?" asks Astrid.