Chapter 19: We Are A Family, Part 1

It's Bork Week and Dad has tasked Hiccup to put on a show with dragons. Bork is Gobber's ancestor and he wrote the Book of Dragons. Hiccup is having us practice dragon calls. Astrid and I have been practicing a lot and we're even able to call multiple Nadders at the same time.

We're in the Cove and Hiccup is currently calling for Toothless.

"That's why you brought us out here?" Asks Snotlout. "To honk into the wind?"

"Just wait, Snotlout." Says Fishlegs.

"Dragon calls." Snotlout scoffs. "Pff, whatever."

"Uh, guys?" Hiccup asks. Snotlout snickers to himself.

"Snotlout." Hiccup scolds. "Seriously?"

"What?" Snotlout asks. "It's fun. Ugh, fine."

"Oh gone again." Tuff says.

Hiccup does his Night Fury call again.

"And nothing." Snotlout says. "Can we go know?"

"You were saying?" I say as Toothless roars back and jumps into the Cove.

"Fine." Snotlout says. "I hate to admit it, but was pretty cool."

"Not as cool as that disappearing shiny thing. You can never catch it." Tuff says. Disappearing what?

I turn to my girlfriend, who whispers, "I'll tell you later."

"Fishlegs, you want to show us your dragon call?" I ask.

"Thought you'd never ask." says Fishlegs, getting ready for a lecture. "The call of the Gronckle is unique as the dragon itself. Raw, guttural and intense, yet with a subtle lilt."

"Just get on with it already!" Snotlout shouts, clearly not wanting the lecture Fishlegs is prepared to give. Fishlegs roars and I hear a Gronckle fly down to us.

"Well done Fishlegs." praises Hiccup.

"Oh, I'm not done. Watch this." says Fishlegs. He then roars again and I hear more Gronckles fly over head.

"He stole our trick!" I whisper to Astrid.

"Yeah, but we can do it on our first try." Astrid whispers back.

"I sure hope so. We spent hours training." I retort.

"We did spend hours, but most of them weren't spent training." Astrid whispers back, causing me to blush as I remember what we did during those hours of 'training.'

"You know you're cute when you blush." Astrid whispers in my ear.

I swear she was so close, her lips gently kissed me. My face burns with the blush and I'm pretty sure everyone can see my blush.

Meatlug then takes off and joins the other Gronckles, leaving Fishlegs to tell her to be back for dinner.

"Ok, anybody think they can beat that?" Hiccup asks.

"I'll give it a shot." says Astrid confidently, taking a step forward.

"Watch this." I say to my brother as Astrid climbs on a small boulder. She does her Nadder call. A bunch of Nadders, including Vision and Stormfly fly overhead.

"That's my girl." I whisper to myself, before I do my own, calling them to fly low, dropping off Vision and Stormfly, before flying away. Vision lands next to me and croons softly. I give him a cod for being such a good boy.

"Good job you two." Hiccup praises. "First try."

"Uh, I have an important question." Tuff says.