Chapter 2: Viking for Hire

We're all in the Berk Dragon Academy and Hiccup is quizzing us. I'm with Astrid and Fishlegs, while Snotlout is with the Twins. Our dragons are sleeping behind us and Vision is curled up around Stormfly.

"Every dragon has its own unique abilities that give it its special place in the world. Which dragon makes the best welding torch?" Hiccup asks.

"Ohh Ohh! Deadly Nadder!" Astrid and I say together.

"It's magnesium flame burns with the heat of the sun." Fishlegs answers.

"Correct. Another point to Team Nara. The score is now 100-10." Hiccup says.

"And you started with 10." Astrid says.

"Oh yeah, well the games not over, yet." Tuff says. "Wait. What team am I on?"

"Next question. What is the shot limit of a Hideous Zippleback? Team Snotlout?" Hiccup interrupts.

"I don't think they can count that high." I say to my team.

"Oh really. Let's find out. Barf, Belch!" Ruff says and I duck down knowing there's gonna be a lot of fire. 6 shots sound above my head and we stand back up.

"Looks like it's about three." Tuff says.

"Told you we could count that high." Ruff says smugly.

"It's 6, you're half correct. 5 points." Hiccup says.

"Yes!!! We're up to 30." Ruff celebrates.

"Ok our turn. What happens when you shoot fire at the owner of a Deadly Nadder." Astrid says. I whistle to Vision and Stormfly, who stand up and fire spikes at the Twins and Snotlout, pinning them against the wall.

"No fair. She didn't give us time to answer." Tuff says..

"I've got a question? What happens when I sick Hookfang on you?" Snotlout threatens after he gets down.

"Ok guys, that's enough training, so we did some really good work here today" Hiccup buts in.

"Prepare to face some Monstrous Nightmare." Snotlout says. Hookfang roars and lights himself on fire. Snotlout runs off and jumps in a water trough.

"That's the third time this week. Ahhh. Sweet relief." He says from inside the trough.

"Hookfang never flames up when you're riding him. Is he ok?" Hiccup asks as he, Astrid and I

Astrid leans over to me and whispers, "Maybe he just figured out who his rider is." I giggle.

"Hey. There's room in here for three." Snotlout says, before I dunk him under. He comes up sputtering only to be dunked again by Astrid. We laugh and high five. We hop on Vision and Stormfly and head to the forest. We come back and I hear Gobber trying to sell his weapons as viable tools.

"Now for the lady of the house. When the Hubby's off pillaging, how are you gonna protect yourself from home invaders? No problem when you have Big Bertha." Gobber says. I hear the sound of a catapult. The crowd walks off and Gobber tries to call them back.

"It's ok Bertha. We'll find a place for you."

"Oh it's hard to watch. Especially for you, Hiccup. The feelings of guilt must be tearing at your insides. I mean, you put him out of business with your little piece pact with the dragons." Mildew's old shaky voice fills my ears.

"Are you done, Mildew? Just go back to your cabbages." I say as Astrid and I head to the forest. Astrid and I train for a few hours, then just enjoy each others company. The Cove has become our new couple spot. It's far away and the only people who know about it are Hiccup, Astrid and I. We head back and I kiss Astrid goodnight. I get home and Hiccup is talking to Toothless.