PROLOGUE

"ANG gwapo naman talaga niyang jowa mo," malakas na bulong sa akin ni Eiderie bago ako kinindatan na may kasamang pagtawa. Napanguso ako at pabiro ko lang naman siyang inirapan.

Eiderie is my friend and we are currently in fourth-year college taking up Hotel and Restaurant Management. Kaunting kimbot na lang, makapagtatapos na kami ng pag-aaral. Actually, I still don't have any plans once I finish college but maybe I will go and explore the world with Crinx, my boyfriend for almost three years. He is currently taking up Business Management and he would soon replace his father in their company.

Crinx Seryeo Sarel Fordebler is a handsome and manly guy. He is also quite popular because of his looks and well, his surname screams money and everything. He is also a good man and he always spoils me with everything that I want. He's a good boyfriend but still, I'm still looking for something...rather someone that no one can ever fulfil, even Crinx.

Crinx and I met each other when I was having an OJT at Motrehor's five-star hotel. I would always spot him together with his Dad with another older man. I didn't even know that he was my schoolmate until he introduced himself. I was about to ignore him since he's not really my type.

I already had someone in mind and I only wanted him to be my boyfriend not until an incident happened not so long ago and Crinx was involved. After that incident, I guess I was mesmerized by him, and Crinx, somehow, resembled someone not long ago . . . someone from my past.

I bit my inner cheeks when I remembered him. Up to this point, I still can't find him, and it's frustrating me. I, at least, want to know his name or where he came from but the people whom I paid to do the investigation stuff can't find anything. I even went to the hospital where I was brought but nothing happened. According to the staff of the hospital, the CCTVs were not working that night.

"Maganda rin naman 'tong girlfriend ko," katwiran ni Crinx habang naka-akbay siya sa akin at naramdaman kong hinalikan niya ang tuktok ng ulo ko. Napatingin ako sa kaniya habang nakatingin din siya sa akin habang may munting ngiti sa kaniyang labi.

Eiderie squealed before fanning her face using her hands. She giggled while looking at us and I can't help not to smile before leaning my head on Crinx's shoulder. Napabuntong hininga na lang ako bago iwaksi ang kaninang iniisip.

I should not think of another man when I'm with my boyfriend. Umayos ka, Eirysia! Kastigo ko sa aking sarili pero hindi ko napigilan ang maging lutang.

I didn't even hear that Eiderie was asking me not until she poked my cheeks, making my eyes blink at her and I forced a smile before sitting properly, removing my head on Crinx's shoulder.

"P-Pardon?" I asked her and she just narrowed her eyes at me before lifting her eyebrows.

"Sabi ko, anong gagawin mo mamaya? Do you have any plans or anything? Can we hang out?" she asked, again.

I shook my head at her. "I still need to do my assignments. Sa susunod na araw na pasahan no'n e. Sorry," sambit ko sa kaniya. I gently nibble my lower lips when she frowned at me.

"Ba't kasi hindi mo ginawa ng mas maaga? 'Yan tuloy, 'di na tayo makakalabas. Sino nang magbabayad?" nakabusangot niyang tanong sa akin.

I apologetically smiled at her. "Sorry, but you can still go if you want. Bigyan na lang kita ng pera, gusto mo?" I offered but she just rolled her eyes.

"Hindi 'wag na. Nawala na ako sa mood. Next time na lang," walang gana niyang sagot sa akin bago humalukipkip at nag-iwas ng tingin.

I just sighed before leaning my back on the chair. I tried to get Eiderie's attention but she completely ignored me. Kinakausap din siya ni Crinx but she is not responding. Eiderie didn't talk and she just ignored both of us. Wala sa sariling napailing na lang ako sa inasta niya.