FOURTY-EIGHT

I AM straddling Xydrien's lap while carefully studying his neck whilst playing with his hair. Days passed by so fast and now, according to him, he was already remembering his high school days.

Along the process, there are times that he'll experience headache and nose bleeding. Parang mas gugustuhin ko pang 'wag na lang siyang makaalala kaysa naman nahihirapan siya ng ganito. I already have him and he seems to be comfortable around me now.

'Yong dating halik sa noo, ngayon nag-level up na at naging halik sa pisngi. Pero syempre kapag ako ang humahalik, talagang diretso sa labi niya. He's not protesting or complaining which is a good sign for me so I'm kissing him daily without his consent. Sometimes he'll just smile a little or smirk at my actions but nevertheless, I know he's enjoying what I am doing.

I brought out my forefinger before tracing his tattoo. All this time he's been using a foundation to cover his skin. Naalala ko iyong nakita ko sa leeg niya noong binalik namin siya mula sa basement. His uneven skin tone. Ito pala ang dahilan. May tinatakpan siya.

"Baby, it tickles," he hoarsely said to me and I just chuckled.

One more thing, he's been calling me 'baby' for some time now. Mayroong isang araw noong nagising ako ng wala siya sa tabi ko and I cried again, as usual. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones that makes me emotional. Then he came to me rushing. Hindi niya ako mapatahan noon kaya naman kung ano-anong endearment ang sinabi niya and of course, he called me baby. Since then, he has been calling me 'baby' and we both like it.

Right, little angel? We love being pampered.

"I didn't know that you have a tattoo here," I told him. "I think my husband hid his tattoo from me." I cupped the back of his neck before gently massaging it.

"Yeah?"

I push my face away from him and kiss him on his lips before pulling away.

"I think you covered it because you don't want me to know that you're my savior," I whispered before looking into his eyes.

He gazed at me but said nothing in return.

"I'm sorry. I can't answer you right now," he apologized.

I genuinely smiled at him before kissing him again on his lips. Am I addicted to his lips? Of course, yes.

"Nah, you don't need to apologize. It's okay," I uttered before fixing his hair that had fallen on his forehead.

"Have you already seen my tattoo before? I mean before our marriage?" he asked, his voice was laced with pure curiosity.

I smiled at him before nodding. "Hmm-mmm. You're my savior and my first love." Pag amin ko sa kaniya.

His eyes widen and a little blush crept into his cheeks and his ears are in a very deep crimson color.

"S-Savior? First love?" he quietly asked.

I giggled at his question. "Yeah. You saved me and that's the first time I fell in love with a stranger. I fell in love with you that night."

"Am I kinda a superhero? Do I have super powers?" nagtatakang tanong niya at napatitig pa sa kaniyang mga kamay.

Hindi ko napigilan ang matawa nang mahina habang pinapanood siya. Dikit na dikit ang kaniyang dalawang kilay habang seryosong nakatingin sa kaniyang mga kamay at iniinspeksiyon iyon.

"Dummy. You don't have powers," I told him before grabbing his hand and intertwining it with mine before placing it about my now visible baby bump. "You might not have any powers but you saved my life and I owe you me and our baby. I owe you everything."