LEFT

Swinging to the left, (l/n) began to walk in that direction.

The girl trudged on through the snow, her feet feeling numb. It was getting dark quickly, and the temperature continued to drop. Shoving her hands in her pocket, (l/n) picked up the pace a little. The trees seemed to loom over her and the woods were endless. 

(l/n) began to worry she wouldn't find her way out. Her salvation. Was returning to Semi better than dying? 

He'd probably still be out cold. Or maybe he wasn't. 

She should could have followed his footsteps back to the car. 

But it wasn't snowing then, there weren't any footsteps. 

The thought made its way into her mind and the girl cursed herself. She wouldn't be able to drive anyway. Not while she most likely had a concussion. 

Snow began bleeding into her shoes and touching (l/n)'s toes. Cold. 

Maybe she should have turned right? 

So lost in thought, (l/n) almost missed the sign. She hurried to read it. 

4km - Ranger Station
2km - Trail A/B 
7km - Trail B/D

She stopped reading after that. (l/n) looked where the Ranger Station would be. She needed to take a right. Like an arrow, the girl sprinted as fast as her limbs allowed. The sudden movement caused her legs to burn and freeze at the same time. She even allowed her hands to leave her pockets so they would pump back and forth. 

Holy shit. I'm going home. I'm actually going home. 

A smile broke out on (l/n)'s face, and she was sure that if anyone saw her they'd think she was crazy. In her sneakers, fall jacket, and oversized jeans, running through the forest in the middle of winter smiling like a maniac. 

Her burst of energy died out a little after about 5 minutes and she jogged for about 15 more minutes before running out of breath. She was almost there, almost free from Semi's grasp. (l/n) took a short break leaning against the trunk of a tree before running off again. She was eager to escape the cold and woods. Even more, she just couldn't wait to talk to another human being. 

She just had Semi for about 3 months. 

After running for roughly 10 more minutes, (l/n) reached a large wooden building with lights inside. She was just thankful that it was still open despite it being nighttime during the winter. Running to the entrance, the girl tried the door. When it gave slightly, she burst inside. "Hello??" She called out. A man who looked to be around 25-26 years old peeked his head around the corner of another room. 

"Hello? How may I help you?" 

At the sight of the skinny, lanky, blond haired man, tears just fell from (l/n)'s face. She crumpled and sat on the floor, desperately catching her breath while crying. The poor ranger working at the station was confused for a few moments before rushing to help out the teenager crying on the floor when he caught sight of her injuries. 

"What happened? What's your name? Did you get lost?" He questioned immediately. 

"I- Um I" (l/n) couldn't get a few words out without starting to hiccup. "Here here, lets just calm down a little ok? I can um... get you some hot coffee! Come along now" The man hoisted (l/n) to her feet, who completely relied on him to stand. 

Her walked her to the staff only kitchen and handed her a pre made cup of coffee. "Take a few sips, go ahead. I haven't touched it." 

(l/n) sipped at the coffee while sitting on the floor next to the man, calming herself down a little. He moved a little and she flinched and spilled some coffee, so the man tried to stay still.