ᏁᎧᏰᎧᎴᎩ

Semi kept his distance in his car from the bus (l/n) went on. Once the bus dropped her off though, it would get much harder to avoid her in his car, so he set off on foot, camera ready. Every block she turned, he would be one behind her. 

Eventually she pulled out her keys and unlocked the door to a fairly large house. It was only a little bit bigger than Semi's but it looked huge in comparison to the others around it. Semi snapped a picture of the house from the side and took a video driving by. 

That night, Semi baked again. He made muffins this time, and added his special ingredient, more spit and little bit of water he had gargled.

It's even closer to kissing now...

The boy wrapped a muffin up after they were done and printed out a note saying 'your hair looks so soft, I want to run my fingers through it :)'

He went to sleep without engaging in his nightly activities this time.

The next morning he woke up and headed to school as usual, dropping off his treat in (l/n)'s locker before going to practice. Before he left however, Semi decided to pick something up. For all the baking he had done. It started off with a pen. Then he dug deeper into her bag and found a tissue. Taking the tissue and pen, the ash-blond boy ran to practice after stuffing it in his bag.

He got benched again, but nothing was said otherwise. Reon must've let coach in on the "situation".

Finally, practice was over and he went to (l/n)'s locker.

She had opened it and was reading the note he had given her. She smiled to herself, and tried the muffin. Semi smiled contently. 

He raced to class next and took a seat, apologizing for being late. His sensei was handing back tests from a few days ago. Semi didn't bother checking his score, knowing it would be low since he didn't answer half the questions anyway. When the bell rang he tried to speed to his next class, but not before his sensei stopped him. 

"Semi-san, I need you waltz back over here please."

With another sigh and groan of disappointment, he turned and ran over to the teacher's desk quickly. 

"First, you left your test on your desk without even checking it. Second, what is going on with you? You're a smart kid, why are you getting Cs in my class?" 

Semi stayed silent. The sensei sighed and rubbed his temple. 

"Listen I'll let you off this time. However next time you get a grade below a B-, I will be calling your parents."

The boy nodded. It didn't matter anyway. 

"Go, get to your next class." 

Semi pretty much bolted, but not before he was called back again. "Your test." The sensei said, eyeing his test sheet. Eita grabbed it and ran, but balled it up and threw it away in the nearest garbage.

After the next class, he had his lunch period. He didn't bother showing up, and instead sat on the toilet in a unisex bathroom, examining the things he had taken from l/n)'s bag.

He held the tissue up to his nose and smelled it. 

Is this what (l/n) smells like?

He did the same thing to her pen.

Or this?

The ash-blond boy giggled slightly and held the pen close to his heart. She's perfect. She always was. He just didn't see it before.

                                                                    ~~

The next few days proceeded as normal. Semi decided to bake only four times a week so it wouldn't be too creepy for the girl. He tried not to take too many things from (l/n)'s bag either, but somedays he couldn't help it. His practice attendance was getting worse - the team noticed but never said anything - as Semi was only showing up to 3/6 practices a week. 

He didn't care. What was the point? He would just be benched anyway right?

His thought's were consumed by the girl. She constantly lived there (rent free). So... maybe another date would fix him. Fix that he wasn't interested in anything else. He hadn't even called his parents to ask about his father. 

Yes, maybe another date. That would cure him. But what to do about the boy she liked to be around...

Maybe he wasn't anything to her. He wasn't in any pictures on (l/n)'s social media. Maybe he did have a shot. 

He'd have to ask soon, better not to risk them getting any closer. 

As Semi lay in bed, he planned to ask (l/n) if she wanted to go on a second date tomorrow. She would say yes. 

Right? 

...

She'll say yes.

The next morning the boy woke, the sun shining onto his face through a crack in his blinds. He got up and showered, something he hadn't done too often recently. He wanted to be good for her. He brushed his teeth and left, even shining his shoes a little. 

Semi skipped practice again, but it had bought him a few extra hours of sleep.

Sleep hadn't been coming to him as easily as it used to.

(I swear to god y'all I'm sorry :,))

He waited by her locker, passing the time by refreshing (l/n)'s social media page a few times. She eventually showed up, and he stopped her before she could open her locker. "It's been a while hasn't it (l/n)?"

Semi tried to put on a smile and look friendlier for her. 

The girl didn't look too impressed. "So it has." 

The boy nodded in turn, and glanced around for a minute. 

"So... mind telling me why it's not going to be longer?" She continued. Her voice wasn't filled with malice - in fact her tone was as sweet as ever.

"Well um... I was thinking about it... And I really enjoyed our night out. So maybe we could  enjoy ourselves again?" Semi mumbled the last few words, but(l/n) got the picture. 

"I mean... I don't know Semi-san, I don't think we really... clicked you know?"

"Let my try again, I'm sorry I get a little nervous around people I really like." He shot out as soon as (l/n) finished her sentence. Taken aback slightly, she stepped back into her closed locker. Semi quickly backed off, as not to scare the girl.

"..Ok I guess. We can try again." She nodded absently. 

 She's slipping. 

"I'll pick you up at 4 for a movie, ok?"

Keep her in place.

"Yeah, I'll see you then."

Don't. Let. Her. Go.

With that, just like one of the first times they had met, her soft (h/c) locks brushed against Semi's shoulder before she left. His favourite part of her was definitely the hair. 

I can't lose her.