escape

(l/n) slipped on a pair of shoes that were too big for her and changed into some new clothes. They were still Semi's. 

She needed to leave, as he would probably home soon. That was one bad thing about being left to sleep in, the day passed by so quickly. She was healthy and could run for sure. Maybe a little hungry, but it didn't matter. (l/n) opened the door and tried to look for some sort of path out of the surrounding woods. 

                                                      ~

Semi was driving back to the old house really quick to grab the last of his thing, including some clothes and remaining canned food. The drive was super long getting over here and he had stopped by the store earlier and bought some food quietly. Cheesecake was among the things he bought. 

He turned into his street, but soon stopped the car. 

There were police officers outside, inside, and around his house.

Shit. 

Semi slowly backed out of the cul de sac and covered his face, speeding towards the house in the woods. 

I knew it was a matter of time. I knew it I knew it! But so soon? What clicked? Was it Tendou's message? Did they figure it out? Was it my neighbour? Was it just pure coincidence??

Either way, Semi couldn't be seen in public for much longer. He nervously hurried back to the store and bought some hair dye before scrambling to get into his car. Every so often he checked behind him to see if anyone was following. Nobody. 

Nobody.

An hour and a half later, he reached the edge of the woods where Tendou's old house lay and entered soon after. He needed to head back, and soon. 

                                                     ~

The mailbox outside Semi Eita's house was overflowing with envelopes filled with money, letters, and bills that had been long overdue.  Takeuchi flipped through some of the letters. 

December 3rd
Semi, your father's condition is getting worse. I'm afraid that we'll only be back by late February. That is, if he survives. I'll try to continue paying you for now. Keep paying the bills and wait a little longer!

"So they left their 18-year-old son alone for 5 months? And nobody has contacted his parents about this matter?" Takeuchi questioned everyone at the scene. No one responded. 

"Tch, unbelievable. When we get  back to the station, someone contacts the boys parents. Maybe he has a history of violent behaviour." He spat. 

Yako and Takeuchi made their way into Semi's house. For now, nothing looked incriminating on the first floor. The food was half eaten or taken in portions though, and it was leaking an awful smell. 

"Looks like rats got into it." Yako called back at Taka, who was checking the living room. "Eugh, this place is a mess," He threw one of Semi's sweaters onto the floor and checked under the couch. "But I can't find any sign of the victim." 

"Which one?" Yako scoffed. "The man or the girl?" 

The pair searched the rest of the downstairs which looked pretty normal for a 18-year-old boy living alone. Messy floors, rotting food, and misplaced furniture. 

The basement was a different. It smelled strongly of urine and general filth. There wasn't really anything in the basement except the boiler. Taka stood in the dead center of the room, and looked down at his feet, moving them to see that there was a fairly large faded red stain in the concrete. He crouched and looked at the stain, inspecting it carefully. His eyes caught sight of another red on top. Red hair. 

No doubt. This is Tendou's hair. Wherever this guy was going, he must've been in a hurry to have lazily cleaned this up. 

Taka got up and called Yako over. 

Or maybe he just didn't care. 

Yako inspected the blood stain. "It looked fairly fresh" she noted and scribbled something down. The woman bit her bottom lip a little while she thought. "If we got forensics over here we could figure out who's blood this was. Right now we only have proof that Tendou was here."

"Maybe the neighbour wasn't here?" Taka suggested. 

"No, I definitely think he was in this house." Yako responded, tapping her pen to her lips. The police officer looked down at the shorter woman. "What proof do you have?" He questioned, honestly a little lost himself. She turned over her shoulder and winked. "Just a hunch" She said with a knowing smile. Taka turned away from her a went over to the stairs, when another officer came downstairs. 

"Hey, we found some stuff upstairs that leads us to believe that Semi Eita was in contact with (f/n) (l/n), specifically in the main bedroom." He nodded towards Takeuchi and Yako. 

Yako raised to her full height and headed upstairs after Taka. The three of them walked up the stairs and entered a side room. There was a mattress on the floor with a comforter on it. It was probably the neatest part of the house aside from the clothes on the floor. They all looked to be belonging to a fairly large man. 

"The letters we found from presumably Semi's mom didn't mention a sibling or really anyone else. Maybe Semi had someone over without their knowledge?" Takeuchi pondered and picked up the clothes.

"We can run a DNA test on some of the hair left on the hood of this sweater," Yako squatted next to another hoodie on the floor. 

"Maybe Semi invited a gay lover over..." Taka said under his breath and snickered a little. Yako shot him a disappointed look. 

"Ouch, so cold." He winced and smirked. 

The next room was the main bedroom, most likely Semi's bedroom. There was a bathroom attached, and inside was more (colour) hair they could use for evidence. The shower had clearly been used more than once. 

The room itself was fairly clean too, except for some loose sheets of paper scattered on the ground and the bed unmade. Some of the drawers had been aggressively opened too. The closet was neatly put away, and not that full. At the very top of the closet sat a neatly folded dress.

"Still think think he had a gay lover?" Yako showed Taka the dress. He put his hands up, as if to surrender. "I don't know! Maybe he had a preference for feminine men." Yako rolled her eyes again and put the dress in a bag. The next thing to be pulled out of the closet was a pair of women's underwear and bra. 

Grimly, the detective placed it in the bag as well. 

"I think that um... this is enough evidence to link Semi Eita to the disappearance of (f/n) (l/n)." Yako stated. "Not really until the DNA tests come in. Plenty of gay men have gone missing." He mused again. "God, I should get a raise for having to deal with you." Yako sternly responded and sighed, a faint smile fighting to break through. 

She knew Taka was just trying to lighten the mood. 

"Get some forensics in here to analyze the blood we found in the basement. Maybe it'll match Tendou's and tell us more about when the blood was spilled." Yako pat the third police officer who had led them upstairs on the back. She wove through multiple officers in the house and headed back to her car. When she got back to the station, she texted Takeuchi, telling him to notify her immediately if something came up. He responded with a short "I'll be sure to"

The detective went back to her desk, slipped off her heels, and tried to get as much information on Semi Eita as she could.

i didn't mean to make this a yako x takeuchi fanfic >.>