RIGHT

what you've all been waiting for:

(l/n) turned right and kept on walking. The darkness quickly set in soon after and the temperature continued to drop. 

Shivering, the girl continued to make her way. The path was illuminated by moonlight and every sway and slight movement in the woods caused her to jump a little. Paranoia wouldn't be good for (l/n) while it was so cold. She just needed to keep moving, get her body temperature up a little, and she'd walk her way out of this. The forest couldn't go on forever. 

Although there was no trail, there seemed to be a tiny cleared path that acted as one which led (l/n) to believe that she was going the right way. 

A frigid breeze flew by and (l/n)'s nose started to run as she shut her eyes tight. Her stomach started to growl a little too. 

My head aches, I'm hungry, I'm cold

The girl complained to herself, not wanting to make much noise since she might attract the attention of woodland creatures.

Who am I even kidding I don't know if there even are any woodland creatures in these woods.

...

There might be y'know. Like the one right behind you.

(l/n) whipped around and squinted into the dark. For a moment, she saw a figure and took a step back, her heart rate going up. 

Just kidding! I got you good didn't I?

The voice mused and poked fun at the girl. 

Any idea where we're going?
Nope, but I know you've been complaining about how cold it is for the longest time. I can't even feel anything right now. Isn't that weird?

He definitely was talkative. Ignoring the question, (l/n) tried to get some answers of her own. 

So who are you? 
Hmmm, I'm not sure if I can tell you. 
Why not?

For the first time in a while, the voice didn't have an answer. It seemed to just, disappear for a bit. 

The silence was unbearable. At least the talking in her head distracted (l/n) from the fact that her toes were frozen, her fingers were numb, and she couldn't feel her nose anymore. 

And she was tired. So unbelievably tired. 

Taking a seat in the snow that didn't seem too cold anymore actually, but that was probably since she was so cold her body was numb. 

(l/n) tucked her face into her knees and just sat. Her breath warmed her face up a little. 

Hey, I'm baaaack!

The cheerful voice returned, and (l/n) was actually happy. 

Hello again.

She tried to respond invitingly so he wouldn't leave again. No prodding questions. 

Didja miss me? 
No.

(l/n) lied through her teeth, not willing to give herself away to the voice, a figment of imagination. 

It was actually getting a little warm now, so (l/n) took off the jacket and kept sitting in the snow, using the jacket as a cushion to sit on. 

It was still warm. 

Do you miss Semi?

(l/n) paused for a moment, a finger on her lips, before she was ready to deliver her answer.

Smiling now, (l/n) prepared for the night while talking to her "friend". 

                                                          ~

"Park ranger Mei Suzuki was called in to investigate a body reported in one of the national parks in the Yamagata prefecture. 

The body was reported by an old couple who lived nearby and went on walks quite often in the spring. Small patches of snow were melting and trees were still bare. Spring was still young. Mei grimaced slightly. The forest was serene and calm; finding bodies always seemed to upset the feel of the woods. 

When Mei found the body, it had definitely been around for a while. Some parts were half decomposed and a few teeth were lying below the open mouth. This suggested that the person had been dead for at least a few months. 

Later on, the teeth were examined and missing person cases were reviewed. The teeth were found to belong to (f/n) (l/n), a girl who went missing around 6 months ago. When her parents were contacted, they were absolutely devasted. Even though most of the police force and city had lost interest and hope in the disappearance, they had never lost hope. But now, they knew for a fact that they had lost their little girl. 

Ms. (l/n) committed suicide shortly after. Her husband moved out of the country and started afresh in some small northern country, remarried, and tried to completely forget about the incident. 

Well, there was one other person who had been looking into the (l/n) case while she was missing. Yako Royama, a detective from Miyagi. She tried to piece together the case while the girl was missing, and even tried to figure out what happened after her death. However, it was to no avail.

Satori Tendou, a boy who had disappeared shortly after, was never found. However, it is suspected he is most likely dead, along with Terushima Yuuji, a boy who was also the same age. What these three boys had to do with (l/n) was unclear. 

The truth had died with (f/n) (l/n) and disappeared with Semi Eita, who was nowhere to be found. Officers searched through the woods that (l/n) had been found, but found no trace of him except his car, which was situated on a road a little ways off. 

The car was packed full of clothes and nothing else. Semi's parents never came home either, but some people have been saying they saw them in America.

What we're all asking is what really happened?"

"Look Yako, you're in the news." Takeuchi muttered. "They only mentioned how useless I was and not how I figured out the culprit." Yako grumbled a response as she downed another shot of vodka. 

Wiping her lip, the woman's eyes flitted over to the TV in the bar she was at. It was broadcasting the same information as the newspaper. The case was just so bizarre that they were talking about it everywhere. Yako looked back at Takeuchi who was talking up a girl nearby, clearly engrossed. 

"I'll take another shot."

A month after the body discovery, the media coverage died down. The case of (f/n) (l/n) was just an example of a girl falling victim to the sick people of this world. 

Even more, nobody knew what had happened to the girl. 

Nobody at all. 

                                                                                                     Nobody.