ᴋᴀɢᴇʏᴀᴍᴀ ᴛᴏʙɪᴏ | Attention

X Sibling Reader!

[ Not Incest/Normal Sibling Relationship ]

[ Mid-Oneshot Warning: Mention of smoking ]

[ It's more emotional than angst tbh ]

-
-
-
__________________________

"We are close. But, why do I feel like we're drifting away from each other?"
__________________________

"Brother, can you watch me play the piano today?"

Y/N asked with her head tilted.

She was leaning her body forward towards her brother who was sitting across the front door.

"I can't. I have volleyball practice today."

His brother, Tobio, answered the young girl nonchalantly without sparing another glance at her while putting on his shoes.

"Oh. I see..."

Y/N put on a glimpse of a disappointing expression with her eyes averting away from him.

But she manages to quickly change into a cheerful expression with a wide understanding smile.

"Alright then! I know my brother is busy this week. Maybe next time?"

Y/N's eyes lit up in excitement with her hands clasped together.

It was as if she was praying that her offer would finally be accepted by him.

Kageyama only stood up briefly when she exclaimed those words.

He sighs deeply before he turns a glance towards her.

"Maybe when I have the time."

Kageyama stated in a flat tone.

He is extremely oblivious about Y/N's feeling of loneliness and disappointment once again.

"Take care of the house while I'm gone. Alright, Y/N?"

Kageyama asked with his usual monotonous tone while waiting for Y/N's answer.

Y/N immediately nodded happily with her hand salute playfully.

"Of course! You can count on me, brother!"

Kageyama nodded at her exclamation.

He didn't think twice before turning his head towards the door, then exiting it with his hand closing it behind.

When Y/N watched his brother leaving, her smile slowly faded away.

Her smile was then replaced by a frown.

"Seriously... Not a single word after that?"

Y/N looked at the floor with narrowed eyes, pressing her lips together before sighing exasperatedly.

She slowly slides down with her back leaning against the wall before sitting down.

"You're so obsessed with volleyball. You really love it more than your own sister, huh?"

Her hand gently pressed towards her forehead before looking at the ceiling with a blank expression.

She could only remember back about his words that were repeated many weeks ago about watching her performance.

"... You broke your promise again..."

She sighed sadly with her hair coming down to her front that slightly covered part of her face.