ᴋᴜʀᴏᴏ ᴛᴇᴛsᴜʀᴏ | Memories

X Mute Reader!

-
-
-

___________________________

"Things would have been so much better back then if we could just listen to each other's voice."

________________________________

Elementary School

Y/N POV

"Y/N! Let's go to the field! Kenma and I are gonna play volleyball!"

A voice shouts out.

I look away from the book that I was reading before getting a glance at my childhood friend, Kuroo.

I smiled before pulling out a paper and continue to write something then show it to him.

'No thanks.'

A simple soft rejection.

"What?! No again?! You used to watch us play all the time... Why the change of heart...?"

Kuroo pouted and express a disappointed look.

As I stare at Kuroo, I look back at the paper and write something in it again.

'Because I know you were amazing at practice! I want to watch you at your best.'

After reading my writing, I could see Kuroo blush faintly.

He looks away from my writing.

His hand scratching his head, his down expression has replaced all the disappointment.

"Is that so... Thanks, I guess."

I put on a gesture like I was giggling.

Seeing him getting closer to me with him wanting to be my friend.

I felt happy knowing someone is there for me despite my disability.

Yes... I can't speak.

Even if I tried... It just going to be painful in the throat.

I look at Kuroo carefully.

I smiled before tugging his shirt.

He notices it then immediately look my way as I wrote something on the paper before giving it to him

He looked at it as his eyes stick towards my writing.

'Tomorrow, I'm going to move to another neighborhood. That's why, before I leave... Please perfect the move you've been practicing and show them to me.'

As Kuroo read it, he appears an excited grin as all the disappointment fades away.

"It's a pinky promise, right?"

Kuroo asked before he gestures his pinky out to me.

I look at his hand and smiled.

I gesture my own pinky too as our pinkies began to lock around each other, signifying the promise has been made.