sʜɪɴsᴜᴋᴇ ᴋɪᴛᴀ | Her Dream and His Mistake

Time Travel Themed Story!

Future Kita!

[ Idk if this can be considered angst but I just hope it is. ]

-
-
-
__________________________

"Always remember we only live once and It'll only be wasted if you can't live it to the fullest."
__________________________

"... She should be around here."

The man, who seemed to be in his early twenties, spoke while looking around the neighborhood that he once lived in.

With noticeable short light gray hair with black tips at the ends, he seemed to have a troubled expression as if he was looking for someone desperately.

(Remember, Kita, we first met on this exact road towards her school. She should be here right now.)

The older Kita thought, his eyes narrowed and he was standing near the school gate while seeing many students pass by.

"I can't be late again!!"

Upon hearing a familiar voice, he looked up and saw the familiar person he knew.

Y/N L/N.

Three years younger than the time Kita went from.

"I can make it on time, I can-"

Despite being determined while running towards the school building, she found herself accidentally getting tripped and falling on her knees, causing the books and belongings to fall from her grasp.

"No!! Aargh, My books!"

"--Are you alright, Y/N- I mean, kid?"

The moment Kita helped the Y/N to sit back right up from her falling position, he grabbed the books one by one from the ground before handing them towards Y/N.

Y/N, who received the books, seemed quite surprised by his sudden appearance but immediately felt grateful for his concern.

"T-thank you, Mister."

Y/N bowed down slightly, receiving the books from his grasp.

But, when she was about to stand up, the school's bell could be heard ringing as Y/N's eyes widened and mouth parted.

"No!! Now, the teacher is gonna put me into detention again after this."

Y/N's sighed exasperatedly, her shoulder slump forwards as if the energy inside her left while feeling unmotivated to go to school.

But, Kita, on the other hand, appeared with a smile and subconsciously chuckled at the behavior.

"You really are clumsy as always."

Kita muttered under his breath but Y/N seemed to hear the exclamation and looked at him confused.

"E-eh? Clumsy as always? Have we met before..?"

"What? No, that's not what I meant."

Kita exclaimed while shaking his head as he looked towards Y/N as if he was seeing something nostalgic.

"You really looked like someone that I'm really fond of, not just in appearance, but your attitude is also similar."

"Eh?? Really? Is she someone special? A friend? A family member?"

"... Well..."

Kita scratched his head, slightly looking away from him since the person he was referring to was Y/N herself except he was talking about her future self.