ᴏɪᴋᴀᴡᴀ ᴛᴏᴏʀᴜ | Life Story

[ Mid-Oneshot: Mild Manga Spoiler ]

-
-
-
__________________________

"We fall in love by chance. We stay in love by choice."
__________________________

Oikawa has always been popular with ladies whether it was inside or outside of school.

Many of them were enchanted by his looks and charming demeanor, with most of them confessing to him with every chance they got.

But it was not the same for Oikawa since he had given up on searching and love for a partner.

The belief continues until he meets a female schoolmate who asks for his presence before she brings him into a quiet spot at the corner of the school.

"I like you. I want us to date."

The girl in front of him slightly bowed in respect, stating her confession straight-forwardly.

Oikawa only stared at her, sighing that it was another confession that he had to reject.

"I'm sorry but I can't return your feelings to the way you hope to be."

He simply stated the sentences that he always used to show an unwillingness to form a relationship.

After the statement, he always predicted that girls who have confessed to him to immediately give up while continue to bow apologetically.

It was always like that.

'She might as well find others. Like the rest of the girls.'

He thought with his hand folded across his chest.

But the girl who is confessing to him now unintentionally betrays his expectations.

She quickly shook her head with her eyes staring deeply into the eyes with determination.

A small smile appeared afterward.

"You don't know that. I bet you can return it well."

Oikawa was slightly stunned with his eyes widened by the statement.

But he was still doubtful that he could return her love the way a normal partner gave them.

He is a man who always values volleyball above everything else.

Because of that, he is always busy perfecting his skills and thus he will stay up all night observing his opponents' weaknesses and many advantages he could grasp to win.

Not to mention, he already has experience in a breakup with his ex-girlfriend because he was said to be too obsessed with volleyball.

'... No matter how much I think about it, I could never be able to give her the attention she needed.'

He only thought saddened by the fact that he still gazes back at her.

But before he could reject her once again, she spoke first before he got to utter a single word.

"I don't mind if you're too busy with volleyball. In fact, I wanted to date you regardless of it. All I want from dating you was to be by your side while I still have a chance."

Y/N explained her reason thoroughly with a smile that appeared on her expression.

Oikawa was still silent by her statement.

But he shook the thought off, trying to focus on the situation in front of him.

He sighed deeply when he looked at the girl's determined eyes.