I prefer Seniorita

Brian

"Why did you want to kill yourself?"
I looked at her bluntly and looked away again. She was driving on a deserted road and I was more occupied with why I would be the target of an assassin.

I looked at her again. She had hazel eyes, round face complemented her high cheekbones. She had plump, juicy lips. Ok yes, I was checking her out. She was seated but her curves were visible.

She looked at me, and I squirmed. Her eyes held hate, anger, depression and pure heartlessness.

"Why be an assassin? Of all the jobs on earth... That?" I was confused as to why a pretty girl like her will want a life of crime.

She shrugged

"Family business." She was a woman of few words. I looked at her again.

"Why?"

"Why what?" She asked me, confusion borrowing her brows.

"Why did you save me twice." I wanted to die, I needed to die, my life was melancholic.

"I guess you are a lucky man."

"I was surrounded by poverty for seventeen years. My dad had a garage in Chicago and I used to help him a lot. We were not complaining because we were a happy family. My mom was and is still greedy, all she wanted was power and fame. She wanted nothing else, not even her son. She left. One day I came back from school to meet my dad in a pool of blood with a knife in his stomach. I was accused of murdering him and was sent to juvenile for ten years. My mom never searched for me, she never visited, and I decided to forget her existence. But somehow, she had managed to get married to the vice president. They got me presidential pardon and now here I am. That day you saw me at the bridge, I was determined to end my life, determined to stop all this agony. I didn't think she wanted me dead."

All she did was a nod.

"But where are we going?"

"We have to go and get some documents that can take us to Panama."
She said it nonchalantly.

"Why Panama City?"

"It will help us hide. Right now, we have to focus on staying alive, we will figure out why later." She adjusted her rearview mirror and pushed into her seat a bit more.

"I know why." I blurted out and she stopped the car abruptly.

"Wait what?" She was surprised and I was wondering if it was genuine or not.

"A day before my dad was murdered, he gave me a box, it is like a jewellery box only that it has ancient Indian design around it with his name engraved on it. He told me never to open it until he died. When I was arrested I snuck it into the place. My dad told me to make sure it didn't fall in the wrong hands, especially my mom's. I never opened it but I think that is why my mom wants me dead."

"You think your mom did the hiring?" She asked me surprised.

"Mercedes can do anything for money and power," I told her in one breath.

"What should I call you?" I added and she started the engine.

She shrugged

"Whatever you like." She added and I rolled my eyes.

"I prefer Seniorita" I saw her smile genuinely for the first time since we sat in this car for six hours. Not that she had even smiled at all.

"I like it."

***

I must have fallen asleep because she woke me. My eyes flickered to see Chicago.

"Let's go. We have a lot to do."

We entered a warehouse. The empty containers, the dust, cobwebs and the entire state of the building showed how long it had been abandoned.  I saw two men seated around a table, talking among themselves. The black-haired man with piercing green eyes turned and looked at us.

"Arturo." She spoke and he got up to hug her. Was it her boyfriend? I didn't think female assassins had boyfriends. He kissed her forehead and she closed her eyes.

"Arturo, I need help. Marcus gave me a job to do but I didn't do it." She told him when we settled down to have a sandwich.

"Geez, he is going to kill you," Arturo uttered and my heart skipped a beat.

"He is not just going to kill me, but papa as well. Uncle, I need to get to Panama, Papa is there waiting for me."

Oh her uncle.

"I will help you," he told her and she nodded.

"He is the job?" He added and I immediately looked at him. She nodded and he nodded.

I had a feeling that my life was just becoming interesting.

Whew...

Let's give them a song, shall we?

I suggest Seniorita.

I will see you in the next chapter. We are going to meet some cast.

I wanted to introduce more characters first, before doing the meet the cast but let's do thissss🥰💯💃💃💃.