Hawks' Birthday And Christmas Special!!

~~21st Of December~~

Christmas was coming up fast, but it was by far the least of my worries. In one week, my adoptive father who I'd already come so far with would celebrate his 22nd birthday, and I still hadn't gotten him a present. On Christmas day itself, he'd been hired to do some loose surveillance around a celebrity's planned fun-day, so he'd be home quite late and we wouldn't have much time for celebration. Because of the tiring nature of his contract, I planned to gift him some homemade baking for the day's work in the morning, but I still had nothing for his birthday. 

I texted my friends, asking for suggestions or help finding something for Hawks, but most were busy or had no clue what to gift the number three hero. And so, here I was, wandering the shopping district of Musutafu with no clue what to buy and incredible hope that I would get some sort of inspiration as I walked. Clothes and food-related things were ruled out right off the bat, but other than jewelry, decorations, and knick-knacks, there wasn't much else to buy. I also wanted to buy my friends something, but that was of secondary importance to me at the moment. 

Even as I entered the pop-up stall area, shiny multi-colored objects caught my eye from a nearby vendor and I immediately walked over. The wares consisted of small badge-like pins; color-changing glass that displayed one of two or three colors depending on the angle it was viewed at. Each sized at around 2cms in diameter, they were quite small, but I still intently looked through the woman's stock until I came to a decision.

I'd gathered together enough pins for all of my friends, I asked the woman how much they would cost, and after a quick glance at my handful of pins, she simply smiled, "2000 Yen please."

For Midoriya, I'd gotten a green badge that turned pink if viewed from the far left or far right angles, Uraraka receiving a pink badge that turned green. Bakugo's was black and turned red, Kirishima's being the exact opposite, red and turned black. Mina's turned from purple to yellow, Sero's matching Mina's by turning yellow to purple. Last but not least, Iida's blue and Shoto's white both displayed F/C when tilted properly. And as for mine, I'd managed to snag one of the last rainbow pins with F/C as the main color, concluding the gift buying for my friends.

I paid the woman, then headed into a dollar shop to buy small gift bags for the pins. Emerging with eight small Christmas-themed bags, I called it a day and went home.

~~23rd Of December~~

Two days later, I still hadn't gotten a present for my father, but I had managed to ensure that my friend's gifts would get to them in time for Christmas day. I could already see a small gift addressed to me under our quaint little Christmas tree, so I cracked on with the baking and finished Hawks' Christmas present, making sure he was out of the house the whole time so it would be a surprise. And as if that wasn't dedicated enough, I even did the dishes early and towel-dried the stuff I'd used to make doubly sure that he wouldn't know.

The spice cookies, made with cinnamon, nutmeg, and the teeniest bit of ginger for some warmth/kick, were finished and all I had to do now was wait for them to cool down. I'd pressed some large sugar granules onto the tops of the cookies before I'd baked them too, so they'd definitely give Hawks the kick he'd need to get through the day!

I browsed the world-wide-web for some ideas, but no matter how cool something looked, it always turned out to be impossible for me to recreate for some reason or another. The day rolled around as I fell down a EweTube rabbit-hole, and when I realized the time, I barely managed to wrap up the cookies and hide the rest before Hawks got home.

Skillfully avoiding Hawks' question as to why it smelled so good in the kitchen, I smoothly changed the subject, "So, wanna eat at F/R tonight?"

His eyes widened with happiness and he almost looked like a kid as an open-mouthed smile graced his features, "Say no more!"