UA High School

A few days after his test, Midoriya sent me a text, 'I got in! They're going to let me do the hero course!'

Naturally, I hopped up and down in excitement and quickly replied, 'I hope we're in the same class!'

We talked about UA and what we hoped we'd do in hero training for a while, then Midoriya sent me this, 'Sorry, I gotta go! It's dinnertime!'

I looked at the time with confusion etched on my face, had we really been talking for over 3 hours? Apparently so! I promised I'd talk with him after dinner, then sauntered into the kitchen to cook dinner, only to find Hawks trying to stealthily cook chicken nuggets. The moment the microwave was finished, he opened it quickly so it wouldn't beep, then he carefully lifted the plate of nuggets out with a few feathers. 

As he tiptoed towards the hallway door, I shot a thread at the door and shortened it, slowly closing the door right in front of him. He stopped moving mid-tiptoe, then slowly turned his head to look in my direction. He gulped when he saw me, which almost made the chicken nugget between his teeth fall onto the ground. I raised an eyebrow, "I see that your education on women lacked this particular fact: We all have eyes in the back of our heads."

Seeing as he was poised with one foot on the ground and one daintily in the air, it was no surprise that he wobbled dangerously as fear overtook his features. I pointed two fingers at my eyes, then at his, in the classic 'I'm watching you' gesture, then shot a few threads to the plate. I shortened them all skillfully and the plate of chicken nuggets perfectly landed in my hand, not a single nugget out of place. My father stretched one hand out towards the plate in grief as I set it down on the counter, "You thought you could get away with it, didn't you?"

With a defeated look, he resigned himself to savoring the chicken nugget already halfway in his mouth. I rested my head on my hands and propped my elbows on the counter as I sat down, "Unfortunately for your sanity and your weight, I cannot let you eat chicken for every meal. However, since you tried to break the rules, today you shall be eating your worst nightmare!"

Hawks gasped as I moved towards the fridge, then pulled out an opaque bowl with a lid on it. I set it down on the counter and he recognized it with horror. I carefully peeled the lid off to show him the contents and prolong his terror, then pulled it off completely, "Behold, a healthy salad with croutons!"

Hawks stumbled away from me and the salad, but instantly stilled when I threateningly held a chicken nugget over the rubbish bin. I grinned, "I'll give you one, nay, two chicken nuggets if you eat this entire bowl of salad!"

Never before had I seen a man eat a salad so fast.

I gave him his reward, then ate a bowl/plate of F/F we had in the fridge. My dad pouted, "Aww c'mon! Why do you get F/F and I get a salad?!"

I tutted and wagged my finger at him, "Because I don't have to fly, and because I want to."

Thoroughly miffed, he conceded, "That's a good point, I suppose..."

~~Timeskip~~

It was Sunday, the day before my first day at UA, and we were driving to the quirk gym. We'd booked a battle room especially for today and I was excited to test my new skills against Hawks. We arrived a few minutes before our booking and were let in early. The walls, floor, and ceiling were made of a special material which was hard when gently touched and cushioning when crashed into. I grinned as I pulled out the hero costume we'd already had made, then put it on in a changing room. (Sorry, but for the purposes of better storytelling, your hero costume must be this one!)

(All credits go the cherrysdesigns for this costume and her website is linked here: https://cherrysdesigns

(All credits go the cherrysdesigns for this costume and her website is linked here: https://cherrysdesigns.jimdofree.com/outfit-designs/
PS: Instead of the heels displayed on the picture, you have footstep-muffling combat boots instead! And there will be hidden buttons in the cloak in case it gets cold! But the rest of the costume shall remain unchanged!)

The costume was light and breathable, and even though it hugged my curves, I was able to move freely. Some concealed pockets would soon hold equipment, but were currently empty, and I made no noise thanks to my boots as I walked into the battle room. Hawks was already waiting with his feathers scattered all over the room, poised to pin me down. I grinned, "3... 2... 1... Go!"

Instantly, threads shot from every one of my fingers and attached to as many feathers as possible before I whipped them wildly. My father evidently hadn't had this happen to him before and the feathers were quickly changing states. With a feral snarl, I fought against his ability to keep the feathers in the air and slammed the weighted down strings onto him. At my guidance, the threads wove around him, tying him up with ease. I almost laughed at how easy it was, then began counting down, "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2-"

I was cut off by a sudden flurry of feathers obstructing my vision and I lost sight of my threads. I felt my father struggling against his bonds, so I tightened them, but I realized that there was nothing between my threads anymore. The feathers swarming my face cleared, revealing the feathers I'd previously ensnared in my threads struggling against said threads, and the number 3 hero was nowhere to be found. 

Well, at least that's what I thought until my feet were kicked out from underneath me from behind. I released my threads with horror, wondering when he'd managed to get behind me as I fell. I landed on my stomach, but the floor cushioned the blow. However, the floor didn't cushion the fact that my father was now sitting on my back. I struggled against him as he hummed, "10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... I win!"

Upon declaring his victory, he jumped up with a grin. I rubbed my back and mumbled, "I guess my efforts to keep you slim were in vain, you fat bird."

He winked at me before chuckling, "What can I say? It would be quite embarrassing if the number 3 pro hero lost to a fifteen-year-old!" (Again, apologies for making this set, but you're 15 at this point in the story!)

I wagged my finger at him threateningly, "Just you wait till I'm a pro too!"

~~The Very Next Day~~

According to my father's report on my class, there would be 6 other females and 14 males in 1-A. He'd also assured me that I already knew some of them, but I'd somehow managed to sleep in! After having begged my father to fly me to school, I managed to sit down just as class started. In my hurry, I didn't see the greenette, the pink-haired queen, the angry pomeranian, and the favorite dual-toned buddy looking at me as I slumped into my seat. Almost as one, they all said, "Y/N?"