Decisions and attack

I woke with a start, the after-images of a pair of pearly blades still vivid in my mind. It was the same nightmare, as usual, Asiko slashed and couldn't cut through my strings; same old routine. I sighed, if it was really getting old, wouldn't the burden on my heart have lifted already? It'd been half a year since the Cutter's capture and I'd heard that Kiyoko had managed to feign innocence to avoid the law, yet I hadn't seen her since. 

I knew she still lived in Musutafu, so why hadn't I seen her? Maybe she was just actively avoiding me... I pushed those thoughts out of my mind and took a deep breath, quickly calming myself. I looked up at the ceiling, then began wondering, 'Do I hate Kiyoko?' 

I actively spent the next hour trying to look at it through various perspectives, but not a single answer seemed right. I groaned, how did judges do this?!?

 Finally, I came to a conclusion: I neither hated nor liked Kiyoko, but without her actions, I would not have been the same person I am today, so regardless of like or dislike, she played enough of a role in my life for me to at least respect her. 

And there it was. The only 'answer' that seemed more or less right to me. I sighed, then quietly whispered, "I wonder where you are, Kiyoko, and I wonder what you're doing now..." The burden did not lift, but it lightened enough for me to drift into a light sleep.

~~Timeskip~~

After school, my dad picked me up and I got in the backseat. Shoto was already in the car and we soon arrived at the gym. Keigo dealt with the paparazzi as Shoto and I worked out, then had a short spar without using our quirks. Then, at six, Shoto and I went to a martial arts class. Shoto was multiple levels above me, yet still took the time to tutor me whilst fending off fangirls the whole time. Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, we practiced this exact routine. Every Sunday, I measured how much I could lift with my threads. This too had become routine. 

I was still living at Enji's house for the time being, partly because Hawks was about to go on a series of missions outside Musutafu, but mostly because I liked it there and had settled in quite nicely. The next day, which just so happened to be Saturday, I got a text from Midoriya, 'Hey, I'm not sure I can pass the US entrance exams with how I am now, can you come help?' 

How could I say no? An idea came to me and I peeked my head into Enji's office, "Enji, can one of my friends come over?" 

He shook his head, "No. But you may visit him." 

I groaned, "Fine, but I'll take Shoto with me, he needs to go out and socialize too!" 

Flames curled up the sides of Enji's head as his temper grew, "No! You may see whoever you want, but Shoto stays! I'm only letting the two of you stay so friendly with each other because he's more docile that way!" 

I turned my nose up and spun around as Enji picked up his pen again. In a moment of inspiration, I made a thread, attached it to his pen, and pulled it right into my hand. He harrumphed but said nothing as I triumphantly strutted out of his office. I took great satisfaction in closing the door just a little bit too hard, then made my way to Shoto's room. I knocked on the doorframe, "Shoto, I'm going out! I asked if you could come too, but he said no! I stole his pen too, so here ya go!" 

I lobbed Enji's pen at Shoto, who caught it with a rare smirk, "I don't mind too much, but only as long as you come back safely." 

I grinned, "Of course I will, what could possibly go wrong?"

~~A Few Hours Later~~

***Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault.***

I pulled my hoodie tighter around myself, my breath forming mist as I exhaled. The night was abnormally cold and these temperatures weren't in the forecast, so I was under-dressed. I shivered as I kept walking, I'd taken the shortcut through the dodgy neighborhood because it was already so late and everything seemed to be going fine so far. Since Midoriya kept me so long, Inko even offered to let me stay for dinner. 

I laughed softly as I remembered how nervous Midoriya was as I went through questions, which were the equivalent difficulty to those on the written exams, and how he calmed down once he realized he was just overreacting. I closed my eyes and breathed out, I was on the home straight, the last leg of my journey. Or at least, I was until a hand clamped around my mouth from behind. My self-defense training kicked in and I grabbed my assailant's arm, but the moment my fingers touched their skin, I was paralyzed. 

A scratchy, masculine voice with breath smelling faintly of alcohol reached my ears, "You touched me willingly, now it's my turn to touch you." 

Had his quirk activated when I tried to flip him over my shoulder?!? I couldn't move a muscle, yet he was still able to position me how he wanted and he soon started unzipping my jacket. As he moved in front of me, I saw him lick his lips as his eyes traveled across my F/C shirt, "Conservative, are we?"

Similar to my ability to move, my quirk was also completely shut down. It wasn't gone, but it was just out of reach, no matter how desperately I reached for it. His unwanted hands soon found my chest and he squeezed my breasts, laughing softly, "How lovely! I think we're going to need a bit more privacy than this though." 

The groping halted and he picked me up, then carried me into a filthy alleyway. I wracked my brain for any way out of this situation, but no solutions presented themselves. His thumbs stroked my cheeks as he pressed his lips to mine, the sharp taste of alcohol coating his tongue as he forced it into my mouth. One of his hands soon snaked down to my chest again, resuming that which I'd grown to despise with a passion. 

He soon stopped kissing me, but then did something which I hated more. He lowered his head and pressed to my chest, right between my breasts, and started humming with satisfaction. I tried to squirm away from him, and with great shock, I realized I'd just moved a tiny bit. His humming instantly stopped and he clicked his tongue, "Time's up, eh? Oh well, even though I didn't get to do as much with you as I wanted to, I still had fun!" 

Right after he shouted 'fun,' his fist darted towards my face. His punch slammed me into the wall behind me and the impact alone was enough to knock me out. The last thing I saw as I slid down the wall was his shadowy figure disappearing in the distance, and then my eyes fluttered closed.

***At first I really wasn't sure if I wanted to go this far with my story because it's a serious topic, but sexual assault happens to more people than you know. It's even happened to me... twice. It's not something to be taken lightly and you can't just 'forget about it' like some people say you should. That shit sticks with you for life. If anyone you know or if you yourself are sexually assaulted, there is help out there. You might be embarrassed as hell because of it, but you have to tell someone. Especially if the other party is of legal age, there must be consequences for them, so reach out and bring those asshats to justice. This might just be the ramblings of a slightly crazy author, but I hope you all know I'm here for you. Stay safe and always remember: Stranger danger. (I also hope that I haven't somehow offended someone with this chapter! It was not my intention if I have!) Author-chan out!***