2.5k Special - Midoriya Edition!

After ordering his pork katsudon, Midoriya sat down next to me. I introduced him to Mina and vise versa, but Mina soon glanced at her watch and gasped, "Oh shoot! I've gotta go! Sorry guys, see ya later!"

I was thankful that we'd exchanged numbers earlier because she left in quite a hurry. Midoriya quickly polished off his katsudon, then, in a rare moment of courage, asked, "Hey L/N, wanna walk around the city together?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Sure. Do you want some more information on my dad?"

He blushed, "Yeah... but I still wanna spend time with you!"

I nodded and stood up, "Then let's go!"

We walked around together, Midoriya occasionally asking me questions about Hawks and pointing out hero-related monuments and art pieces. As we passed a gold-plated statue of All Might as the centerpiece of a small park, I noticed an ice-cream stand. I pointed it out, "Hey, Midoriya, there's an ice-cream stand over there!"

His emerald eyes widened, "Do you want some?"

I nodded, then led him over. He tucked his notebook into his bag as I glanced at him, "Which one do you want?"

He deliberated for a second, "Strawberry!"

I looked at the man tending to the stand, "One strawberry and one F/I/F please!"

He nodded, "That'll be 780 yen."

I dropped a 1000 yen note into his open hand, "Keep the change."

He gave me a small smile, "Thank you, m'lady."

As he got to work on our ice creams, Midoriya regarded me nervously, "L/N, what school are you going to next year?"

I gave him a wide grin, "I'm aiming to go to UA and do the hero course! Hawks said he'll get me in on recommendation too! What about you?"

Midoriya's eyes widened with excitement, "Me too! I'm gonna do the UA hero course too!"

As I was about to respond, the man handed me our ice creams. I gave Midoriya his and we began walking, then I said what I'd meant to say by the ice cream stand, "But how? You don't have a quirk."

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, "Well, I'm not really supposed to tell anyone, but I trust you!"

He launched into a whole saga of meeting All Might, having his hopes crushed, saving Bakugo from a sludge villain, then receiving a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity from All Might, "And then he said, 'You too can become a hero!' Now I'm training with him almost everyday to prepare my body for One For All!"

I fought the urge to hug him and just gave him a wide smile instead, "That's amazing, Midoriya! You met your hero and now you're his successor!"

He nodded happily, his fluffy green hair bobbing as he did so. My phone buzzed, it was from Hawks, 'Did you go home or are you out right now?'

I quickly replied, 'I'm with Midoriya, we're near the park with the All Might statue. What's up?'

Midoriya gave me a questioning look as my phone buzzed again, 'I am, especially considering that I'm above you right now.'

I face-palmed and directed my eyes to the sky, where I could see a certain twat circling above us with a shit-eating grin. Hawks landed in front of us and waved at Midoriya, "Yo."

Midoriya almost fainted. 

When he'd recovered enough, Midoriya instantly began firing questions at my dad. My dad quickly answered all of them, then glanced at me, "Thanks for being honest with me."