Shoto Birthday Special!

***Oh hi there, Reader-chan- if you're unsure as to why this chapter is late, then please direct your attention to the conversation section under my profile; it explains it in more detail. Additionally, the events portrayed in the first 100 words of this chapter have happened to me as well, making me feel bad that I didn't get my friend a present on time because she gave me literally 3 days' warning.***

~~7th Of January~~

The school was great.

Hanging out with my friends was great.

Life was great.

At least, that's what I thought ten minutes ago, "Shoto, why didn't you tell me it was your birthday on the 11th! That's literally in a few days!"

Not seeing why I was getting so worked up, my dual-toned friend simply tilted his head, "Should I have given you more warning?"

My right hand met my forehead as Shoto turned to ask Midoriya, who was sitting next to him, "Midoriya, do you understand why Y/N's so annoyed at me?"

Unfortunately for Shoto, Midoriya was also panicking, mumbling all sorts of possible gift ideas under his breath as our friend simply watched with confusion.

Frantically looking around for inspiration, my gaze landed on Shoto's chopsticks, which he'd just picked up again to resume eating. The novel idea of getting him a pair of custom chopsticks came to mind, but I wasn't sure if I could get them in time for his birthday, so I filed the thought away and kept searching.

Shoto appeared to have accepted that neither of us were capable of coherent speech anymore, so he simply reminded us, "Lunch is over in ten minutes, so you might want to finish eating before then."

His words shook us out of our stupor and we hurriedly finished eating, then headed to our respective changing rooms to get dressed for our next class: hero training.

~~8th of January~~

Since Shoto's actual birthday fell on a Monday, his surprise party would be on the day before, Sunday the 10th of January. This further encroached on the time we had to plan the party and buy his gifts.

Iida, Mina, Uraraka, Kirishima, and begrudgingly Bakugo as well, had all joined forces with me and Midoriya to plan the party, but it was still slow going.

We decided to plan the party during and after school, leaving us the Saturday to finish up buying the presents. Since Bakugo always called Shoto 'icyhot' and Shoto had been getting muscle cramps recently, I suggested he gift the birthday boy a tub of his nickname's namesake, IcyHot.

Seeing an opportunity to annoy Shoto with a reminder of his nickname, Bakugo immediately stole the idea and disappeared from the group chat. Uraraka decided to do some home baking and make some cookies for Shoto, Iida heading down a similar route by promising to supply an appropriate cake. (Mostly because he didn't trust us with the cake though.)

Mina, our snack-loving queen, called dibs on snacks and drinks as well as supplying a venue: my house. I sent my father a text, briefly experiencing flashbacks to chapter 17 as I did so, and soon got the go-ahead to use the house from Hawks. Midoriya finally managed to decide which specific piece of All Might merchandise he would give Shoto as Kirishima had an amazing idea: the revolutionary tortilla blanket.

***What is a tortilla blanket, you may ask?

Allow me to enlighten you!