Just a cold

***Alright, since I have a special date I wanna line up the next special with, it's going to be a 15k special instead of a 10k special! But don't worry, it's coming up very soon!***

I felt pressure build up inside my chest, then I took a rushed breath in and sneezed. As I contorted my face to allow another sneeze to make its way up my windpipe, my father walked in with a plate of chicken wings. The moment he realized what was happening, he shielded his chicken wings with his body, then loudly complained, "Don't sneeze on my chicken!"

I gave him a 'bruh' look, "DoN't SnEeZe On My ChIcKeN? You think I want to be sneezing every few seconds?!"

He shrugged, "Maybe it was your attempt at getting me to eat something other than chicken!"

I facepalmed, then sneezed again. I rubbed my watery eyes, "I don't think I can go to school tomorrow..."

Hawks emailed the school, then went out for a 'quick' shopping trip which took over two hours. When he returned, he was wearing a full-body hazmat suit and held a strange tablet-like device. After typing a bit, he held it so I could see what he'd written, 'Go to your room. I will feed you as usual. Text me if you need anything.'

I laughed with a sigh, then pulled his hood off with the flick of a finger, "I've got a cold, not the plague!"

After sufficient girly screeching from Hawks-dearest, I gave him his hazmat hood back and went to my room. I put on my favorite playlist, putting my favorite song first in the queue. Then, I texted my friends in 1-A:

L/N:
Hi guys, I've got a cold so I can't come
to school tomorrow!
Sent 11:42am

Mina:
Awww, that sucks!
Sent 11:43am

Shoto:
Indeed it does. I hope you feel better soon!
Sent 11:43am

Midoriya:
Well, I suppose you won't be missing hero training
because it's Monday, but please be back on Tuesday!
Sent 11:44am

Bakugo:
Whatever. Just don't die.
Sent 11:46am

L/N:
Hey, does anyone have the numbers 
of other members of 1-A? If you do, could you
add them? I really want a 
1-A group chat!
Sent 11:48am

Mina:
Yeah, I think I have a few! Gimme a sec!
Sent 11:49am

I smiled as various unknown numbers joined, then changed their nicknames. Soon, almost all of 1-A was in the group chat.

Tsu:
So, I was just curious, but is anyone's birthday
soon?
Sent 12:01pm

Momo:
Yes, mine is on September 23rd!
Sent 12:02pm

***Just to be clear, it isn't September in the story already, it's just a hint for when the next chapter's going to be released and what it's going to be about!***

Jiro:
Cool! Are you gonna have a party!?
Sent 12:02pm

Momo:
Yes, hopefully!
Sent 12:03pm

Kirishima:
Sounds epic! Who's invited?
Sent 12:03pm

Momo:
Considering the size of my house, I could
probably have all of 1-A over!
Sent 12:04pm

L/N:
Damn! That's a huge house!
Sent 12:05pm

Momo:
Well, considering our income, it's 
reasonably sized.
Sent 12:05pm

Uraraka:
*jealousy*
Sent 12:05pm

I laughed as 1-A began pestering Momo about her life, and all too soon, it was Monday. I woke up at 9, then checked my phone for messages. To my surprise, a group chat had been made with me and some of my friends, but not Shoto! 

Midoriya:
Do you think Todoroki's okay?
*video attachment*
Sent 8:43am

Mina:
Yeah... @L/N, he's been really cold to
everyone! No-one can really talk to
him at all!
Sent 8:46am

L/N:
Hey guys, just woke up! What's wrong
with Shoto??
Sent 9:04am

Midoriya:
L/N! Thank goodness you're awake!
He's been acting quite weird and none 
of us seem to be able to approach him!
Do you think it's because you're not at
school today?
Sent 9:07am

Midoriya... had an interesting point. I quickly sent Shoto a text.

Y/N:
Hey Shoto! How are you? I just woke up!
Sent 9:08am

Shoto:
Good morning, Y/N. Are you feeling any
better?
Sent 9:08am

Y/N:
A bit, so hopefully I can come
 to school tomorrow!
Sent 9:09am

I then got a message from the groupchat named, 'Todoroki Support Team' and flicked over to that chat.

Midoriya:
He just checked his phone and smiled!
Was that you, L/N?
Sent 9:11am

L/N: 
It was! I'll keep chatting to him
 throughout the day then!
Sent 9:12am

Midoriya:
Thanks! I'll see if I can talk to him
now!
Sent 9:13am

Midoriya and Mina had been so worried about Shoto that they'd texted in class! I smiled as more updates on my closest friend's condition flooded in. After I'd texted him, he'd been a lot less on edge and more open to talking. I made it through the day by asking Hawks about his funniest and strangest assignments, which turned out to be pretty wacky.

When the time came to fall into bed, my sniffles had eased, and the next morning, I was feeling a lot better. I went to school as usual, but when I went to sit down, a pair of arms wrapped around me from behind. I huffed with exasperation, "I was gone for one day, Shoto, one day!"

He rested his head on my shoulder and I leaned into him as he spoke softly, "You're my only friend, Y/N, I need you."

I pointed at Midoriya, "What about Midoriya? I'm friends with him and I'm sure he'd love to be your friend!"

Class had started at that point and Shoto reluctantly returned to his seat. I sighed in relief, knowing he'd be alright now. Then, someone clapped me on the shoulder with their hand, "Icyhot was worried, but it's good you're back now."

I elbowed Bakugo in the ribs, "Admit it, you were worried too!"

He glared at me as he sat down, then Aizawa lurched in, "Alright wannabes, soon you'll be doing doing battle trials against other members of 1-A in hero training. But, we also have a birthday coming up. In a rare moment of consideration, we've decided to do the battle trials after the party so there will be no animosity during the celebration. As for class today, you'll be doing start-of-the-year exams."

He grinned and we all groaned. Hizashi, otherwise known as Present Mic, walked in and began setting down exam papers on all of our desks, "Sorry, y'all, but we gotta do it man!"

I decided to grace Hizashi with my signature 'bruh' look as he walked past, then read the exam's title, 'Year 1 High School Reading Comprehension.' Lovely.