Resolution

***This is the chapter you've all been waiting for!!!***

Reader pov

After Shoto and Fuyumi left, I shuffled up to Hawks and quietly asked, "Hey, Hawks, how much do you weigh?"

Hawks almost fell over. He had such an offended, incredulous look on his face that I couldn't help but start laughing. Realization dawned on him, "About 80kgs."

I pouted, "Shame."

Still, I shot a few threads at him and yanked, but as expected, they did nothing. He chuckled, then plucked a few like guitar strings, "Don't worry, we'll work on that. How about we see how much you can lift?"

As Hawks gathered up various household objects with his feathers, I suddenly remembered the day I discovered my quirk.

"Mum, can I have a cookie?"

My mum sighed, "You've already had a cookie."

I pouted, "But- but, I'm your favorite kid!"

She laughed while putting the cookie jar on top of the fridge, well out of my reach, "You're also my only kid."

She turned and began preparing dinner on the kitchen counter, but I was staring at the cookie jar with an intense look of concentration on my face. One of my hands stretched out towards it, almost as if I believed I could reach it, and suddenly a thread shot from my finger. One end was attached to my pointer finger and the other was attached to the cookie jar's lid. The thread was also attached to the ceiling, almost like an invisible pulley was on the ceiling by the jar. I pulled the thread down and it began shortening into my finger. The cookie jar slowly began moving, then fell off the fridge. 

Just as I tried to lengthen the thread to lower it down, the lid popped off and the rest of the glass jar dropped like a stone. It shattered on the tile floor and my mum whirled around, but her eyes immediately focused on the thread and not the broken jar. The lid dangled from the other end of the string and I innocently hid my hands behind my back, then released the thread. The lid landed in the glass pile as a smile stretched across my mum's face, "Y/N-chan! It's your quirk!"

"Y/N! Y/N! Can you hear me?!" Hawks was snapping his fingers in front of my face and I slowly blinked, then shook my head, trying to get the image of my mother's kitchen out of my mind. He knelt in front of me and rested his hands on my shoulders, "Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly, "I saw mum, but she's not actually here, is she?"

The man I'd come to accept as my father gave me a sympathetic smile as he shook his head, "She's gone."

I took a deep, calming breath, then glanced at the items he'd assembled with determination blazing in my E/C eyes, "I know, and I also know she would've wanted me to be the greatest hero I can be, so let's get started."

~~Mini Timeskip~~

After finding out that my carry-limit was about 20 kgs, we both went to bed. 

~~Timeskip~~ (Sorry, I didn't really know what else to put there ^^)

On Monday morning, Hawks and I went to school together. He smiled cheerfully at my schoolmates as we walked past and at least 10 of them asked for a picture with him. I was about as embarrassed as I'd ever been in my life. 

Noticing my embarrassment, Hawks, being the great and compassionate person he is, slung his arm around my shoulder and gave me a squeeze. Never before had I gotten so much attention and I truly wanted to disappear. He laughed, "Don't worry, Y/N, they won't say anything while I'm around."