Prologue

The afterlife--something that came very sudden. Wilbur felt himself become cold before he opened his eyes once more. First, he noticed the slight transparency in his build. One thing that stood out was the unbearable cold he felt. It felt as if there was no such thing as heat. Another thing was that his memories were foggy. He couldn't remember how he died, or what led up to his death.

    A figure approached--one with malice reaping from its body. Wilbur smiled, as he recognized the figure as an old friend of his, Schlatt. Though his memories were blurry, he could remember some stuff, such as bits and pieces of how L'manburg won its independence from the Dream SMP. He remembered his son, Tommy, Tubbo, Eret, Jack, Niki, and many others. His younger brother had been on his side since the beginning.

    Wilbur smiled at the happy memories he shared with all of those people. How he longed to find them and ask of his death. It was strange; in this world, you could only die so many times before you were truly dead--at least that's what they say. Wilbur couldn't remember a single death of this, but he knows that Eret is a king now. Even if he had to converse with Dream, someone whom he doesn't remember being more than mere acquaintances with.

He watched as Schlatt sat next to him. He gave his friend a warm smile--of which was returned. "So....do you have any ideas as to what happened?" Wilbur ran the question through his head--maybe it would help him recall something. Wilbur shook his head sorrowfully when nothing came to mind.

"I don't remember anything..." Schlatt gives him a look of pity before looking out at the busy people. Wilbur could read him like a book, his friend was trying to think carefully about his next words. Wilbur had paid close attention to his friends' habits over the years. He could tell you all of the small details that they would do when they would do that others wouldn't have noticed at all.

He smiled to himself--maybe he wouldn't be so alone. He tried to be optimistic about his whole situation of death. He turned to his friend upon hearing him start to speak. "Say, Wil, do you think that they might hate us for something...?" Wilbur frowned and shook his head.

"I don't know. All we can do is hope." Schlatt nodded and turned towards the starry night sky. Wilbur looked up as well and stared at the sky. He started to get lost in his thoughts. What if Schlatt had a point? Maybe there was a reason he died.

His frown deepened. He wanted to find out the means of his death, but now there's the constant nag that he possibly did something that he couldn't remember. Wilbur turned his gaze to the ground below and noticed a familiar figure--his father. He bid his goodbyes to his friend and drifted downwards. He came to a halt and floated about an inch above the ground. "Dad...?"

Phil turned to him, and his eyes widened. "Wil, is that you? I thought you were dead, I--" Phil paused. "....do you remember what happened...?" Wilbur shook his head, and Phil let out a breath of relief. "I'll tell you one day, son. Today, I believe that you shouldn't know. If anyone else wants to tell you, tell them that it must wait." Wilbur nodded and enveloped him in a hug. He felt Phil stiffen before he returned the hug.