Chapter 3

I'd finally returned all of my important items to their places, and had made my way out of the storage of my home. I knew that Tommy would still be asleep and quietly made my way through the halls. I hear a noise from the kitchen and turn towards it. Sam wouldn't be home, so who was it? I slowly and quietly made my way towards the room. I barely opened the door to find Wilbur. I sighed in relief and walked over to him. "Hello, Wilbur." He turns to me and gives me a warm smile.

    "Hello (N/n)! I like this place that you and Sam built." I smile and nod in thanks. I turn to the doorway after hearing steps to find a drowsy Tommy peeking inside.

    "What's for breakfast, (Y/n)?" I smile and walk over to the pantry to check what Sam had stocked up on whilst I was gone with Tommy. I notice a lot more eggs than last time and nod in content. He'd taken my request seriously. I grabbed a dozen and turned to the stove. Wilbur handed me some skillets and a bowl. I smiled at him and started preparing breakfast.

    After a few minutes, I'd made breakfast for Tommy and me. I still sat a plate in front of Wilbur, as to not make him feel unappreciated. He gave me a soft smile, and I turned back to the rest of the cooking eggs. I took them off of their selective skillets and stacked them on a plate. I put the plate into the giant fridge, already having enough for the rest of the week. "Hey....(N/n)?" I hummed and turned towards Tommy. I watched him hesitate before turning to a wall. "Do you think Dream will try to kill me? I only have one life left, it wouldn't be too hard..." I sigh and wrap my arms around him. I feel him flinch before he buries his face in my neck and starts to cry. Wilbur gives him a sympathetic look and looks at me sadly. I nod slowly and rest my head on his.

    "I won't let him, Toms. Besides, it's not like I still have 4 lives left or anything." I hear a small laugh come from him and smile. "Now, let's get ready for the day so I can show you around your new home. I hope you won't have to stay here for long and can be with your other friends soon." He nods and wipes his face. He gives me one more quick hug before taking his leave to go get ready. I sigh after he leaves the room and walk over to Wilbur.

    "Wilbur, do you think I'm doing the right thing?" I hear him hum as he strokes my hair and I sigh. I'd felt like I was somehow letting everyone down, and that feeling was a feeling that just won't go away. I feel more relaxed since Wilbur is doing the thing he'd always do to calm me down. I never understood why I liked it when people stroked my hair, but it'd always felt reassuring.

    I look up upon hearing noise from the hallways and stand. I give Wilbur a nervous glance and he grabs my hand. I start to walk out into the corridors and glance around. I hear more movement coming from a room further down, opposite of the direction of Tommy's room. I slowly walk towards it, as to not be heard, and crack the door. I let out a sigh of relief when I find a good friend of mine--Zak. "Hello, Zach Effron."

    "Ha ha, very funny and original." I smile and walk inside. "I just stopped by to make sure no one else has found you guys yet." I tilt my head in confusion and Zak continues. "Dream's been....well, he's not happy. He claims that not only did Tommy and Wilbur corrupt you, but they kidnapped you. He's holding Niki hostage until Puffy talks. We all know she won't break, but he's trying his hardest to make her. He cares about you (N/n)--like, a lot. He's less concerned about Tommy escaping than he is that you're okay." My eyes widen as I take in all of the information I've been given.

    "Zak, were you followed?" He shook his head and I sighed in relief. "As long as Toms' safe, then I don't care. Could you do me a favor?" Zak hums. "I know this probably isn't the best idea, but do you think you could give Clay a message for me?" Zak's eyes widen and he glances at the door and then back at me. He walks over to it and shuts it.

    "I don't know if that's the best idea. He might think I'm a part of it." I shook my head and walked over to an empty book. I grabbed a quill and scribbled some things inside of it. I signed the book and handed it to Zak.