8 - A Ball?

*Readers POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was now a couple months later and it is the 10th of December. Me, the twins, Lee, Katie and Oliver were all walking to the Great Hall for dinner and we were really excited because its Saturday tomorrow and we are all going to Hogsmeade.

"I can't tell you how excited I am to go to Hogsmeade. Maybe we can go to the Shreiking Shack as well." Fred said excitedly.
"I know I can't wait." I replied. We entered the Great Hall and sat down in our normal formation, waiting for Dumbledore to give his speech.

"Good evening students and professors. I have an announcement to make before we dig into our marvelous feast. On the 18th of December there is going to be a ball for 4th years and upward, apologises 1st, 2nd and 3rd years. Tommorrow is the last Hogsmeade trip before the ball so I recommend buying your dresses and dress robes on tommorrows trip. The ball will last from 8:00pm until midnight and there will be food and drinks provided along with a band, who will play both upbeat and slow songs. That is all, so enjoy!" He finished, with the food appearing in front of us.

"Oh My God! I'm so excited! There is so much to do, we have to buy dresses, makeup, decide what to do with our hair, we have to have a pamper night the night before, oh my god we have to find dates..." Katie rushed out before I cut her off.
"Katie! Chill the fuck out! We still have 7 whole days before the ball, we have enough time. We will get everything we need tommorrow in Hogsmeade and then we have 6 days to decide on our makeup looks and what we will do with our hair, as well as having pamper nights and finding dates." I said calmly.
"Yeah, your right. Sorry you know how I get really excited, then that excitement...."
"Turns into stress. Yeah I know, don't worry about it." I finished for her.
"I don't know what is more creepy. The twins finishing eachothers sentences or you two." Oliver spoke up causing all of us to burst out laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Katie shaking my shoulders to wake me up.
"I'm awake stop shaking me." I said annoyed as it is 7:30am on a Saturday morning.
"Hurry up the carriages leave at 10:00am!"
"My point! They leave at 10:00am and it is currently 7:30 in the bloody morning! We have 2 hours 30 until they leave, we have enough time." I said struggling to get out of bed.

I walked into the bathroom and splashed my face with some cold water to wake me up. I washed last night so I didn't need to bother showering. I brushed my teeth as well as my hair before putting on mascara, powder, lipgloss and combed my brows for some light makeup. I then just needed to get dressed but I couldn't decide what to wear so I asked Katie to help.
"Katie what outfit should I wear..."
"This...."

"Or this

"Or this...."

"Hmmm

"Hmmm. I think this one (the one you prefer)" She replied.
"Yeah, I like that one too. Thanks." I said walking into the bathroom to get changed. After 5 minutes, I had finished getting ready and we headed to the Great Hall to meet the boys for breakfast. It was only 8:30am so we had plenty of time, I have no idea why Katie was so stressed.
"Wait. I need to grab my clothes which I left in the locker room, can we quickly go get them?" I asked Katie.
"Fine, as long as we are quick." She agreed.

*Olivers POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me, the twins and Lee walked to the Great Hall to meet the girls for breakfast before our trip to Hogsmeade. It was only 8:20am so we were really early since the carriages leave at 10:00am but Katie asked us to be at the Great Hall by 8:40am latest.

Once we got to the Great Hall, we sat down in our normal spot to wait for the girls. It got to 8:30am and they still weren't here so we decided to start eating.

"Who are you guys asking to the ball?" Asked Fred.
"I think I'm going to ask Angelina, I've liked her for a long time so I don't see why not. I just need to figure out how to ask her." George said.
"No suprise there mate. I think I'll ask Luna, we have been spending a lot of time together and I really like her." Lee replied.
"Oliver, what about you?" Fred spoke.

"I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about asking Y/N but I don't know if she likes me back, but there is also Alicia. To be honest the only reason I would ask Alicia is because I know she likes me back, at least that way I wouldn't be rejected and if I ask Y/N and she doesn't like me back I've just ruined one of my strongest friendships." I said.

"I think you should ask Alicia because if Y/N likes you she will be jealous and act different but if she doesn't like you she will act normal. Plus, it is a safer option to ask Alicia." George replied.
"Yeah maybe your right, anyway who are you asking Fred?"
"I think I will ask Katie. As you all know, I have liked her for the longest time and I think it is time I man up and ask her."
"You do that, she 100% likes you back." Lee said. Just after Lee spoke the girls joined us.

*Readers POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Katie were approaching the Great Hall after putting my clothes back in our dorm, when we heard the boys talking about who they are asking to the ball. We heard that George is asking Angelina, no suprise there, Lee is asking Luna, then when Oliver spoke he said he was asking either me or Alicia. For a moment I got really excited he might ask me, but then I heard George say he should ask Alicia so he doesn't ruin our friendship and also to see if I get jealous.

After I heard this I looked at Katie who shared the same look of confusion. Finally we heard Fred say he is asking Katie and she would have squealed with excitement if I didn't cover her mouth with my hand.

Once we were done eavesdropping, we walked into the Great Hall and sat in our normal spots, greeting the boys.
"You alright boys?" I asked trying to sound normal, which is suprisingly difficult when you basically just got your heart broken.
"Yeah we're alright." Lee answered.
"What were you guys talking about?" Katie asked giving me a smirk.
"Well we were just sharing who we are asking to the ball actually." George spoke.

"Oh interesting... Well who are you asking then." I said looking around at the boys, acting like I didn't already know.
"And what makes you think we would tell you." Fred said.
"Why wouldn't you, its not like any of you are asking me or Katie, so whats the problem." I said giving him a sly smirk. He just looked at me with extremely red cheeks and quickly got up and left.
"That was weird. I wonder why he left." I said sarcastically. Lee, George and Oliver just glared at me, which made me chuckle.

A few minutes later, Fred came back minus his red cheeks.
"Are you ok Fred? Why did you leave?" Katie asked looking in his eyes, which caused the blush to creep back onto his cheeks. I think Katie noticed because she looked back down at her food, taking another bite.

One thing everyone knows in our friend group is that Katie hates it when she makes people uncomfortable or awkward, so whenever she notices she is making someone feel that way, she immediately looks away or does something else to make them feel more comfortable.

When she did this, I think Fred was thankful because it gave him a chance to get rid of his blush before she looks back up at him.
"Oh - um - I just - um - really needed the toilet." He said clearly lying. He is normally very good at lying but when it comes to Katie he can't lie if his life depended on it.
"Oh ok." Katie replied deciding not to question it. We ended up staying in the Great Hall until 9:30am leaving us half an hour to get to the carriages, so we walked down to the carriages a little early so we aren't late.

A/N: Hope this chapter is a little more interesting than the rest, the next one should be good because it will be when you are in Hogsmeade getting everything you need for the ball so yeah hope you enjoyed this chapter