11 - Someone Asked Me

*Readers POV*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was now the 16th, 2 days before the ball and I woke up at 5:30am for quidditch practice, except this practice would be different because the game, which was meant to be on saturday, has been rescheduled to today because of the ball.

I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth and hair and I decided today I would ditch the makeup. Recently I haven't been wearing as much makeup because I have realised that there isn't anyone I need to impress. I realised I wasn't wearing makeup for myself, I was wearing it for other people and that should never be the reason you wear makeup. So, I decluttered my makeup bag, I got rid of all my full coverage makeup and only kept the makeup that enhanced my features not the makeup that covered them up. I changed into some comfy clothes (in picture below) to walk to the locker room.

I walked back into my dorm room to find Katie ready and dressed as well

"Ready to go?" She asked.
"Yep!" I replied excitedly, to which Katie just laughed. I always get really hyper before a game, but thats just to hide my nerves.

We got to the locker room and we were a little bit early, so we ended up changing with Angelina for once.
"The ball is only in 2 days! I'm so excited!!!" Angelina squealed.
"So am I!!" Katie said juming up and down. I just continued getting changed, not bothering to say anything.
"Y/N, are you excited for the ball?" Angelina asked.
"Not really. No one has asked me so its going to be boring." Just as I said that, Fred walked in.
"Y/N. Someone is at the door for you." He explained. I just gave him a confused looked, quickly finished getting dressed and walked outside the locker room to find....

Cedric Diggory.

I was now very confused. I have never spoken to Cedric. I do have to admit, I have looked over at him a few times because he is extremely attractive. I was broken out of my thoughts when he spoke.
"Hey Y/N. How are you?" He asked with a massive smile.
"I'm good Cedric. What about you?" I asked still confused but with a smile on my face.
"I'm ok. Um I wanted to asked you something." He said, now seeming kind of nervous.
"Go ahead." I replied.
"So - um - I was - uh - wondering if maybe you wanted to go to the ball with me?" He asked.
"I'd love to Cedric." I said with a huge grin.
"Wait. Really?" He asked shocked.
"Yes, of course." I said pulling him into a hug.

I buried my face into his chest and my god did he smell amazing. Now you might be wondering, what about Oliver? Don't get me wrong I still have very strong feelings towards Oliver but he is going with Alicia so whats the problem with me going with Cedric. He is very handsome and who knows, maybe something could happen between us. We hugged for a couple minutes just enjoying each others warmth before we pulled away, said goodbye, as well as him wishing me luck for the game and I walked back into the locker room.

I was met with the whole quidditch team looking at the plan Oliver had on the board. Oliver was explaining what each of us should do before Katie interupted him.
"Who was it Y/N?" She squealed.
"It was Cedric." I replied casually. I saw Oliver become tense once I said his name.
"And?" Angelina said leaning forward, almost falling of the bench.
"He asked me to the ball. And I said yes!" I said excitedly. Angelina and Katie screamed and ran over to hug me.

"Girls! Calm down before you burst everyones ear drums!" Fred said purposefully shouting like he couldn't hear himself talk, which caused laughter to echo throughout the locker room.
"Alright, settle down everyone. We are wasting valuable practice time and considering we have the game today against Slytherin, I have written what everyone is doing on the board, so check what you are meant to be doing and get your arses on the field!" Oliver said annoyed. I was a bit confused as to why he seemed annoyed. Could he be bothered that Cedric asked me to the ball? Surely not. I mean he asked Alicia, so why would he be bothered. He is probably just stressed about the game.

I looked at the board and saw that I was practicing with Oliver. I will probably end up doing what we did last time, where I would, try, to shoot quaffles into the hoops so he could practice keeping and he would time me to see how long it took me to catch the snitch. I grabbed my broom and gloves before heading out onto the field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was now 7:30am, we had just finished quidditch practice and we were now sat in the Great Hall having breakfast. Oliver always made sure everyone on the team, incluing reserves, had a nutritious breakfast before every game. He said it was to ensure we had the best chance at winning, I don't really know. Me, Katie and the boys were sat in our normal spots with the rest of the team surrounding us. Luna had joined us and was sat next to Lee, Angelina was next to George, Katie and Fred already sat next to eachother and of course Alicia was sat on the other side of Oliver. She kept on feeding him his breakfast as well as calling him things like munchkin and other weird nicknames.

"He isn't a baby." I mouthed to Katie, while rolling my eyes. She tried to supress her laugh but failed and ended up laughing really loudly.
"What are you laughing at?" Alicia asked rudely.
"Don't talk to her like that." Fred said through gritted teeth, leaning over the table. Katie pulled him back by his arm and rubbed his back to calm him. Alicia just rolled her eyes and continued babying Oliver. Discreetly, I fist bumped Fred and smiled over at him which he gladly returned. Katie was also smiling over at both me and Fred.
"The fuck is her problem." She mouthed at me. I didn't even try to stop myself from laughing, I just laughed, earning a glare from Alicia.
"What are you laughing at now?" She said rudely, while eyeing me. At that point I just had enough. I couldn't deal with her bullshit anymore.
"Mind your own fucking business bitch!" I said in return. She just looked at me with a shocked expression on her face, which was soon replaced with a glare. Out the corner of my eye, I could see Katie, Fred, George, Angelina, Lee and Luna all smiling, obviously trying not to laugh.
"What did you just say to me?"
"Oh I think you heard me." I said smugly before turning my body around to face my smiling friends. Alicia huffed and walked off, pulling Oliver with her. Once they were out of earshot everyone, including myself, burst out laughing at her reaction.

"Y/N! That was amazing!" Angelina said inbetween her laughs.
"I know! I was about to say something but then bam! You destroyed her! Along with her big ego of course." Katie said causing everyone to laugh even more. Fred and George fell off the bench, Lee followed shorty after, me, Katie, Luna and Angelina were on the verge of tears and on top of that we were getting loads of weird looks from everyone. Once we had all finished laughing our arses off, we finished our breakfast and left the great hall to go back to the quidditch field to prepare for the game.