𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬

War changes even the strongest of people; Estelle Dorea Potter-Black was a prime example of that

Estelle Dorea Potter-Black was a prime example of that. Estelle had gone against one of - if not the most dangerous Dark Lord in history and won. However, she never expected to feel like she killed a piece of herself. She couldn't look in the mirror without thinking she's a murderer. Everyone around her saw her as a hero, a survivor; but she didn't, she saw a murderer, a disgrace to the wizarding and muggle world. All the people that died in the war should have lived, not her.

After the war, she didn't want to see anyone and hear the compliments that she didn't deserve. She was the reason people lost their lives; she will never forgive herself. Locking herself in Grimmauld place may not have been the best thing to do, but she couldn't get over the fact that she had ruined lives.

Estelle had been with Ron and Hermione like any other day; except she could tell something was off. They kept exchanging looks the whole day; something was up. It was like a joke she wasn't in on. In the end, it probably was.

They had just finished dinner when the three of them including Molly, Arthur, and Ginny decided to go for a walk; she hadn't thought anything of — Estelle trusted them. They were walking in the woods, maybe a mile from the Burrow when all four Weasley plus Hermione pointed their wands at her. At first, Estelle was confused and looked behind her, but nothing was there. When the realisation seeped in that they were pointing their wands at her, she asked the only question on her mind, 'why?'

They then started a long rant on how she shouldn't be alive, and how all thanks to her their Freddie is dead; Estelle couldn't believe what she was hearing. Her instincts were telling her to run, something was wrong, but she couldn't move; it was as if she was paralyzed.

To make things worse, someone she believed to be dead walked out from behind the trees, Albus Dumbledore. Estelle could barely comprehend half of what they were saying because she felt her heartbreak; she had been betrayed by her family.

One moment she's having a nice walk with them and next, she's on the forest ground whimpering in pain from the Cruciatus Curse. All six of them were torturing her, and she could do nothing about it.

"Don't you see, my girl, we used you. You were nothing more than a mere weapon, you are nothing." sneered Albus Dumbledore, holding her under the curse with a look of enjoyment in his eyes. How bad she wanted to punch him, but she couldn't, she was useless.

The last thing she remembers is six green curses coming at her, then darkness.

Estelle didn't expect to wake up; she had just been killed. Why would she wake up? But she did. Looking around she appeared to be in an office of some sorts; it had tall red walls, no windows making the room appear darker, wooden flooring, and a desk stacked full of papers. Behind the desk was a man, he looked no more than eighteen, she couldn't see his face, but she could see he had pale - almost white skin. Moving to get a better look made his eyes snap to her. Estelle could hardly contain a gasp at what she saw, his eyes — they were pure black.