𝑫𝑰𝑬𝑪𝑰

Duelling had always been one of Estelle's specialities

Duelling had always been one of Estelle's specialities. It had to be — every year, she would end up inches from death. She was raised in her first life to be a 'great hero'.

Even after all the war and fighting, Estelle continued to train hours on end. Estelle loved the adrenaline she would feel in her body — the freedom, the pure euphoria. It's why Rowena Ravenclaw was known to be one of the best duelists there was. She never stopped.

This is why Estelle was sure she was going to win the title of Queen of Slytherin. If she didn't, that was just going to be embarrassing. She's sure Mortimer would never let her forget it. Heck, she'd probably just want to disappear back home — 'the realm of the dead'; or whatever people call it — hell?

Either way, she'd probably mope around for a century or two.

It was a sunny Sunday morning for everyone who resided in Hogwarts, which was rare considering they were in the Highlands of Scotland. Estelle took that as a token of good luck.

Currently, Estelle was sitting at the Slytherin table, eating breakfast while sneaking some food up her sleeve to Mortimer. Today was the day that allowed people to have a place in the Slytherin court by dulling.

Not paying attention to any of the conversation going on around her, she didn't realise the odd looks her year mates were giving her.

Blaise cleared his throat, effectively catching Estelle's attention, "If I may? Why are you putting food up your sleeve?"

Estelle looked around them making sure no one was watching, "Are you sure you want to know?" she asked innocently, but her eyes said another story.

Up at the head table, red eyes were watching them intently, wondering why she was not as he believed. He expected her to be a weak little Gryffindor, however, she's anything but; she's powerful — very much so, and a Slytherin. He'd have to keep an eye on her.

Severus was also watching the exchange and inwardly smirked. Who would have thought a Potter of all people could be so... Slytherin.

Estelle laughed at their faces, "Anyway, do you know the time that the duels start?"

"They start at One." answered Elijah from his spot next to her, "And how about you and me? Go together?"

Estelle rolled her eyes and scoffed, "As if."

"Can I eat him now? I promisssse to be dissscreet about ittt." hissed Mortimer, just loud enough for her to hear.

"No."

"One day, love, one day," promised Elijah, throwing an arm over her shoulder.

Draco scowled, "No, Knight. Never. Especially with you."