𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

Their footsteps pounding against the dirt path behind her filled Indigo's ears as she continued to weave through the trees at a speed that she never knew she could accomplish. Fear pulsed through her veins at the thought of being captured by the guards in red while she jumped over a log. She barely avoided falling on her face before she regained her bearings and sprinted through a stream and toward the outskirts of Wonderland. The brown-haired girl's hand clutched the strap of the bag on her shoulder before the sound of shouting met her ears.

They were coming from all sides and getting closer.

The panic within her did nothing but grow as she looked around the clearing for any means of escape before her eyes landed on a large bush right next to the base of a tree. Indigo's feet ran towards the plant without her having to tell them to before she slid under the bush and out of sight. Just as she finished adjusting herself so she wouldn't be seen, the group of guards that had been chasing her for what felt like forever came into view.

Her attention stayed glued to the group of men and the young boy who was traveling with them as they looked around in all directions for any sign of which way the girl went. They checked for broken branches and footprints in the dirt after looking up in the trees to see if she climbed up one to evade them. Just as Indigo thought they were about to move on, the shortest guard and the boy with him turned in her direction before their eyes landed directly on her. Their matching brown eyes observed her as a million thoughts ran through their heads. The young girl's mind was on overdrive while her attention stayed glued to them. It wasn't long after that when she realized her only way of escaping was squeezing through the back of the bush and sprinting away from the group of men.

Just as she was about to go through with her plans, she heard the words the brunette man said to his colleagues. "I suggest we split up to cover more ground. Kaden and I can go this way and the rest of you can go that way."

Indigo didn't move an inch as the remaining men, who seemed to be of higher rank than the speaker, had an inaudible conversation amongst themselves. While they talked, the man who saw her grabbed the boy's arm before inching over a bit to block their view of the girl's hiding place. What felt like an eternity passed of the girl staring at the group with fear in her eyes while the two brunette males stood there with an unamused look on their faces. Finally, the guards agreed to go in different directions in search of the girl before they vanished. That left Indigo with the man and boy who were either saving her life or wanting to take the glory of her capture for themselves.