𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐘 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

"Wait for me!" Will whisper-shouted at the two girls who left him behind when they reached the Mimsy Meadow before he fell to the earth to lie beside Indigo, "the two of you can't just go running-"

The Knave of Hearts' rant was cut off by Alice shushing him, earning an irritated look from the Scarlet man. It wasn't long after that when their attention returned to the man digging underneath the towering Tum Tum Tree. Silence surrounded them as they watched the raven-haired man on the flying carpet until Will's eyes fell back on the blonde woman. "I'm sorry, Alice. We're too late."

"Actually, we're just in time," the Kingsleigh woman said, causing both Indigo and Will to look over at her with confused looks on their faces.

"What are you talking about? From what I can tell, he's almost finished digging," the Lark girl responded while the man next to her continued to stare at Alice as if she just grew a second head.

"Let him," the curious adventurer muttered just loud enough for her companions to hear before looking over at them with a smile on her face, "the bottle's not here. Never was."

Indigo tried to ignore her twitching eye while she stared at Alice in annoyance. A scoff passed over her lips as she turned away from Alice and placed her head in her hands while muttering curses under her breath. The Ace of Spades' dislike toward the blonde was slowly growing the more time she spent with her. For someone who practically forced Indigo and Will to join her on her journey, the Kingsleigh woman kept a lot of important information to herself, which drove the Lark girl crazy.

Will watched the young girl have her episode for a moment while trying to suppress a smirk. It wasn't until he understood why she was acting that way that he turned his attention back towards Alice.

"Then, um...then, then why are we here?" the Scarlet man asked while Indigo kept her eyes on the grass below her as she listened to their conversation.

"I wanted to know who we're up against, and now I do," the curious adventurer told them as she continued to watch the raven-haired man in the distance.

"So that's why you kept telling everybody where we're headed," Will concluded while the annoyance on his face transformed into a smirk.

"The one thing you can count on in Wonderland is that you can't count on anyone," the blonde woman stated as she looked toward the two people at her side.

The Lark girl slowly lifted her head to look at her two companions when she finally took in everything they were saying. After staring at the Kingsleigh woman for another moment, Indigo cast her gaze back toward the man on the carpet. Her eyes stayed glued to him for a moment before a wave of realization washed over her. She let the silence surround them for another moment before the curly-haired girl found the courage to open her mouth and share her discovery.