𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟎
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

When they finally arrived at their destination, the heroes quickly got off the magic carpet and rushed toward the White Rabbit's house. Indigo pounded on the door as hard as she could before it swung open to reveal Percy and his wife. The couple instantly led them into their home before Alice and Kaden carefully laid Cyrus on the floor.

"What do you need?" Mrs. Rabbit asked while walking across the room to stand next to her husband, "I've got willow root, hot towels. I used the sap to close up the wound-"

"I don't need anything," Amara announced without taking her eyes off her son.

An irritated look instantly appeared on the gray rabbit's face as she stared at the raven-haired woman. "Look, lady, I've been doing this a long time. My mom taught me. Her mom taught her. I-"

Mrs. Rabbit cut herself off when she saw Amara forming a ball of light in her hands. Everyone watched in awe as she moved the light through the air before letting it fall into Cyrus' open mouth. It then traveled throughout his body until it came out of his wound, causing Indigo to cringe. Not even a second after that passed when the former genie's wound closed and his fingers began to close around Alice's hand. The next thing everyone knew, Cyrus took a deep breath before his body relaxed.

A large smile formed on Alice's face as she looked over at Amara. "It just occurred to me that I haven't properly introduced myself. I'm Alice. And this is Indigo and Kaden."

"Amara," the raven-haired woman responded before her attention moved back to the man lying in front of her, "I'm Cyrus' mother."

The smile on Alice's face did nothing but grow as she stared at the woman sitting next to her. "I know who you are."

Indigo was distracted from the rest of their conversation by the sound of shuffling. When she looked in the direction of the noise, she found Kaden making his way out of the Rabbit's house. Confusion began to flow through her veins as she followed the Scarlet boy outside. As soon as they made it into the clearing, the Lark girl reached out and grabbed Kaden's wrist, forcing him to stop in his tracks before he turned to face her. The look on his face made Indigo's heart shatter into a million pieces.

The Lark girl had never seen Kaden look so broken before, not even when he was the Red Queen's prisoner. But she understood why he felt that way. Both his parents were gone and he lost his younger sister years ago. At least when Anastasia had his heart, he knew both Indigo and Will were alive. Now one of the last people left in the world that the Scarlet boy could call family and he was trapped with a madman...and not the good kind.