𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟕
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐒

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

When Kaden finally woke up from his forced slumber, he found himself locked in a very familiar cell. The Scarlet boy didn't hesitate to jump to his feet and make his way toward the bars of his prison. The moment he laid his eyes on what was in front of him, Kaden's heart stopped. In the center of the large landing in front of him sat what looked to be a large birdcage. And trapped within the large cage and strapped to wooden chairs were Will and Anastasia.

The Scarlet man just stared at his younger brother, silently regretting not making him go with Indigo. But both of them know the Lark girl wouldn't have let Kaden go with her. She was the one who told the Scarlet boy to go with his brother and the Red Queen, believing they would need the extra help. It wasn't long before their attention was drawn to the other side of the cage by a swooshing sound. When Kaden saw who was now with his brother, his blood ran even colder. Jafar was staring down at the genie in front of him with a smirk on his face and determination in his eyes. All the Scarlet boy could hope for now was that Indigo got his message...and that she didn't come looking for him.

"Good. You're awake," the vizier announced after seeing Anastasia open her eyes, something Kaden failed to notice. Jafar's voice caused the Red Queen to jump before she tried and failed to free herself from her bindings. As soon as she slumped back in her seat, the raven-haired man grabbed the bottle from the bars behind him. "Anastasia and Will, reunited at last. Tell me, is it everything you imagined?"

"You can dispense with the insufferable small talk, Jafar. Or is that your idea of torture?" Anastasia responded while glaring up at her former partner.

Because the vizier's back was to Will and Anastasia, they both failed to see the smirk plastered on his face. But Kaden didn't miss it, and the look sent chills throughout his body. Jafar glanced up at the knight, making his smirk grow even wider before he turned back around to face the Red Queen. "Unfortunately for you, I have something else in mind."

"We've been down this road before. We both know how it's going to end," the blonde woman stated, not even the slightest bit phased by Jafar's menacing tone, "I'm the master of the genie. I have three wishes. In order for your little spell to work, I have to make those wishes so the genie goes back in the bottle. You also need untamed magic for the spell to work and Indigo is far away from here."

"I couldn't have said it better myself," the raven-haired man responded, completely unbothered by everything Anastasia just said.

"Well, you've got nothing to threaten me with. Can't kill me. Can't kill Will. And if you kill Kaden, there's no way of getting Indigo to help you. I'd say you're out of moves, Jafar," the Red Queen continued while Kaden and Will stared at her with slightly annoyed looks on their faces, "why don't you untie me? We can come to some sort of agreement. Did our partnership mean nothing to you?"