𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐋

────── ♤♤♤ ──────

Indigo leaned against the wall near the bars of her cell with her arms crossed over her chest. She was trying her best to keep her emotions contained as she looked over at Will. The Lark girl had never seen the Knave show so much emotion, but that's to be expected when you don't have a heart. The Scarlet man was just leaning against the bars of his cell with his eyes glued to Anastasia's lifeless form. Indigo wished she could do something to make her friend feel better. But she knew there was nothing in the world to change how Will felt. Not after losing the one person you loved more than the world.

"Love makes us do the maddest things, doesn't it? She risked so much to get you back. Pity it didn't work out. She does look beautiful, though. Like she's only asleep," Jafar said as he walked around the Red Queen before stopping near Will's cell, "like you could almost reach out and wake her up."

After watching the vizier reach out to Anastasia, an angry look appeared on Will's face before he slammed his hands against the bars. His sudden outburst caused Indigo to jump while Jafar looked over at the Knave. The sorcerer just stared at the Scarlet man for a long moment before a large grin appeared on his face. "I like you with our heart in your chest. I imagine you must want to kill me for what I did."

"Why don't you open this door and we'll find out?" Will suggested with a darkness in his eyes that Indigo had never seen before.

"Haven't you tortured him enough?" Indigo questioned in a tone just above a whisper, drawing Jafar's attention to her before she continued speaking, "you already took Anastasia from him and are gonna force him to do your bidding. What more do you want from him?"

"Show the boy some mercy!" the man in the cell next to Indigo's shouted, making the vizier let out a scoff as he turned to face him.

"Mercy? And I suppose you'd be the expert on that subject?" Jafar responded without even attempting to hide the venom in his voice.

"I've learned the error of my ways," the man retaliated while Indigo and Will exchanged a confused look, completely unaware of the connection the two men shared, "but I'm waiting for you to learn anything at all!"

"I'm going to give him something better than mercy, Father. I'm going to give him hope," the sorcerer declared, shocking the Lark girl to the core as the former turned back to face the Knave, "if he agrees to one small favor."

Will just stared at the raven-haired man for a long moment before spitting at Jafar's feet. "If you think I'll help you, you're madder than the Hatter."