Chapter 4

Once again, Derek hale was beckoned to beacon hills high school; in hopes he'd have the answers to the mysterious bruises left on Allison's and Lydia's arms

Stiles set on a desk, Alex was sitting in between his legs; his arms around her.

Alex smiled a little, kissing him softly.

"Ehem" Lydia cleared her throat, her eyes rolling.

It was Torturous watching them, they were going through the well known "honeymoon phase" all they were waiting for was the fight that ruined it all.

Alex noticed the unimpressed stares, "right sorry"

Derek inspected the bruises on the two girls arms, he shrugged "I don't see anything."

"Look again." Scott insisted

Derek looked at the beta, a blank expression "How is a bruise gonna tell me where Boyd and Erica are?"

"Sometimes small things have bigger pictures" Alex mumbled, staring at her nails.

"It's the same on both sides. Exactly the same." Scott pointed out

"It's nothing" Derek shook his head.

"Pareidolia. Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia explained

Alex looked up, her brows arched "what did you do? Study the dictionary"

"They're trying to help."

Derek hale was stubborn, considering his history with both girls.

His finger pointed to both girls,  "these two? This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic Uncle. Thank you."

"And this one, who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack." He pointed at Allison

Alex shot a glare his way, he seemed to harbour some anger since they had last spoken.

They may have actually got along before their father shipped them away to France for the summer but during that time Alex had a lot of time to think.

As much as still believed something wasn't right with the way her mother claimed to die, she still didn't like dereks attitude.

"Hey!." She snapped, the alpha stared over to her

"One" Alex stood up, "point at her like that again and I'll break your finger. Two, maybe if you took time to consider the complicated circumstances you would understand"

Alex walked closer to the alpha, "after all. Let's not forget you were once manipulated by an argent?"

Stiles gently pulled Alex back, he could see the anger rise in Derek.

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right. Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction"

The sisters mind were brought right back to their mother. Alex still held a lot of guilt for not believing her last written words.

"Our mother died" Allison reminded him.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." Derek spat

Allison narrowed, "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you."

"You wanna help? Find something real."

"It might just be a bruise, but at one point it was just a coyote" Alex argued,