Chapter 10

"Wait stiles hold on, what's happening"

Alex was peacefully writing in her room when stiles had called her, freaking out about the next sacrifices, once making sure it wasn't anyone they knew she let him continue.

He exhaled with annoyance "It's healers, two have already been taken the third one could happen at any moment"

"And you are freaking out Because?" She asked

"Wha- Alex! You are a healer" he raised his voice

She rolled her eyes, thanking stiles couldn't see "Yes, but limited people know and I doubt the darach does"

"I'm coming over" he insisted

Alex almost chuckled, "stiles, my father used to hunt the supernatural for a living. There is gun somewhere in this apartment and I keep daggers in my room. If anything happens and it won't, what exactly are you gonna do?"

He sighed "I just wanna know you are okay"

Alex smiled at the last statement, giving in "okay, you can come over"

"Good Because I'm already on the way"

"Yeah, I figured. I'll see in 5 minutes"

Aled threw her phone on her bed, she walked out of her room and turned into her sisters.

Alex knocked on the frame, Allison looked up from a textbook.

"Stiles is Coming over"

Her eyebrows arched "why?"

"Two doctors have been taken and healers are one of the sacrificial categories, he wants to make sure I'm okay"  Alex explained,

"That's cute" Allison pouted, "that he thinks dad would let anyone near you"

"Yeah" Alex mumbled, unsure.

Allison closed her book "you haven't spoken to him yet have you?"

Alex grew defensive, only because she knew Allison was right.

"It's not as if we have had the time, we just got back from poltergeist motel. He's been going out like every second afternoon, he seems stressed"

All reasons, which really didn't prevent her.

"Alex, if you are questioning your own safety around him than you need to talk"

"Okay, I obviously know he would never let anything happen to me. I just wish he'd voice it once in while. I mean.. you know, this whole thing is kinda stupid. I just sound like a needy kid, I know he cares." Alex derailed,

"Alex" Allison sighed, "your feelings are not stupid. You need to talk to him"

"Maybe I will, maybe I tell him I'm at risk right now"

Allison rolled her eyes, "will you just be careful. Stiles is usually kinda right about these things"

Alex look at Allison, confused "and how does one steer clear of becoming a s sacrificial benefit"

"You could start by taking it seriously" Allison quipped, grinning cheekily at her sister.

A knock echoed through their apartment, alex gasped "ah my night in shining armour awaits"

Allison bit back a a laugh, "can't you at least try to care"

Alex laughed, walking down the hallway; she pulled open the door seconds later.

"Please come in" She gestured, swaying her hand to the open hallway

"This isn't funny Alex" stiles warned, walking in.