Chapter 14

**

**

"You, sit" Chris told Alex, handing her a glass of water and the painkillers given to her hours ago.

During stiles interrogation, he was informed that argent was spray painted on the elevator doors in the hospital. Which could easily mean that Chris argent was the next sacrifice.

Stiles stood next to Alex, if he had have known the extend of her injuries he would have never let her near Derek.

"The word is guardian" he muttered "Allison and Alex . More than anyone, know that's a role i haven't exactly lived up to lately."

"But she took Scott's mother and Stiles' father. That's not a coincidence." Allison mentioned

Stiles nodded "Yeah, I'd also consider the fact that someone put your name up in large block letters on the elevator doors. That kind of felt like a warning to me."

"I think it might be Morrell. She knows a lot more than she lets on and she might even be trying to help us." Allison said.

Alex nodded "just like at the bank"

Stiles paced around for a second before sitting down with a huff" Well, she needs to get on that a lot faster, okay? Seeing as how the lunar eclipse is less than two freaking nights away."

Alex reached out her hand, stiles held onto it. She hoped to release even a little anxiety.

"Stiles" Chris said.

Stiles looked up at his girlfriends father. His eyes glossed with tears.

"don't give up hope"

"They could already be dead." Stiles muttered. Feeling sick at the thought.

Chris shook his head "I don't think so. There's something about Jennifer's tactics. It's like she's still positioning, still moving pieces into place.

"And you're one of them." Allison cut in.

Alex looked up at her dad, "what if you're next?"

Chris pulled up a map of beacon hills, spreading it across his desk "Then let's not wait around to see the next move."

"Everything she's done has been on a telluric current, so Melissa and the sheriff have to be somewhere on one of those currents, right?"

Chris looked beyond the map, to the boy who'd lost all hope  "Stiles, if we're gonna find them, we need your help."

Stiles looked at him, his head shaking  "You seriously want to go after her? I mean, what if she just takes you like the others, huh? No offense, but what's the difference between you and them?"

Their father pulled out a gun, loading it so it clicked in his hand. Stiles noticing how unphased the sisters has become.

"I'm carrying a .45." He clicked the safety on   "Maybe she can heal from a shot to the leg and a few slashes to the face, but personally, I'd like to see how she holds up with half her skull blown off. We've got one priority right now, and that is to find Melissa and your dad"