Chapter 8

Yena watched as Seven placed the jar of blue eyes onto the table in front of her and Jaehyun, the Ghouls all in their base, the abandoned church.

It was clear that the woman was ashamed of her actions, unable to keep up with the rest of them. If that wasn't embarassing enough, the fact that Yena, the newest member, had to go in and save her would definitely be part of it.

Yena fixed the hood over her head, keeping her expression blank as she watched Jaehyun stare at each of the objects on the table, counting them.

"Ten." Jaehyun mumbled and Yena nodded her head.

There are supposed to be ten.

Jaehyun seemed satisfied as he stood straight again a smirk on his face.

"I'm done observing and there's nothing that intrigues me. You?" Jaehyun asked, letting Yena have her turn.

Honestly, none of the items caught Yena's eye either. They seemed boring to her, her own belongings at the estate being more interesting.

But the eyes.

Yena had recalled the brown eyes of the male that was clutching onto the jar for dear life until she had taken it from him.

What was interesting to Yena wasn't the fact that she was able to get the jar from him. It was the fact that it was not as easy as it normally was. Still easy, but the male's resistance was stronger than she had expected and his stare as they met eyes...

His eyes, they were filled with passion, Yena thought as she stared at the jar on the table, holding a pair of blue eyes. These mean something to him.

Whatever it was that Yena was feeling, it was enough for her to reach out, grabbing the jar in her hands.

"I just want this. The rest of them can go now." Yena said, stepping back so that she was beside Jaehyun again.

...

Taeyong ruffled his hair with a deep sigh as he entered the Taeil's pub, Mark, Haechan, and Johnny already settled at a table. They gave Taeyong frantic waves as he entered but their smiles soon faded as they saw Taeyong's face.

"What happened?" Mark asked as Taeyong plopped down on one of the seats while Johnny ordered something for Taeyong to drink.

"Yeah, you look defeated. Did some snobby rich people say some mean things to you?" Haechan asked as Taeil joined them, quickly picking up the mood.

"The auction was raided." Taeyong said and it seemed like the whole pub went silent at the news as the others at the table took in Taeyong's words.

"What?" Johnny asked in shock, breaking the silence.

"The auction was raided. The lights went out and then a group of theives stole all the items. I tried to stop them but-"

"You did what?!" Taeil exclaimed, taking them all by surprise, making Mark and Haechan flinch.

"I tried to stop... them?" Taeyong said, wondering why Taeil had reacted in that way.

Taeil shook his head, looking down at the table. "You shouldn't have, you should have ran out and gone as far as you could. You're lucky that you're alive."

"I'm confused." Taeyong said, looking at the others for an explanation.

"The lights going off at an auction before being raided, that can only be the work of one gang." Johnny said, Taeil nodding in agreement.

"The Ghouls."

The name of the gang had a lasting effect on Mark and Haechan as they both shuddered but Taeyong was confused. "The Ghouls?"