Chapter 16

Yena couldn't help but smile in satisfaction as she released Taeyong from her hold, stepping away and slipping her hoodie on.

She knew her words had scared him, it would have scared anyone.

Everyone knew who the Kims were and now that Taeyong knew her true identity, Yena knew that he wouldn't dare try anything on her.

"Ready to go?" Yena asked, turning around, expecting to see Taeyong panting or pissing his pants in fear but instead, he was calmly returning to the kitchen to grab the key Doyoung had given him before placing it in his pocket.

"Ready when you are." Taeyong said, giving her a small smile.

...

They're the Kims, why didn't you realize sooner?

Taeyong followed Yena as she navigated through the shops, the girl settled on shopping at the largest mall in Neo City for the day. Taeyong had no idea why though, the few times that he had seen the girl, she was always wearing the same thing; jeans, crop top, and a black zip-up hoodie with the hood over her head.

Taeyong had to admit, he felt his soul escape his body when Yena confessed that she was a Kim but he couldn't react much to it.

Once the words had escaped Yena's mouth, he felt energy run through his body, a sign that his eyes were turning blue. Instinctively, he would have tried to kill Yena but that would have been dumb, the girl being a Kim and a leader of the Ghouls.

So instead, he had to calm himself down, which seemed to have impressed Yena anyways.

"Do you ever wear anything else?" Taeyong asked as he watched Yena skim through the rack of clothes. "I swear you wear the same thing every day."

"I wear the same thing most days but some days, I like to dress a bit nicer." Yena said, pulling out a red silk dress. "What do you think?"

Taeyong honestly didn't like it when girls wore dresses as skimpy as the one Yena was holding but for some reason, he nodded his head, making a small smile appear on Yena's face.

Yena quickly went and paid for it and Taeyong's eyes widened as he caught sight of the amount of credit cards in the girl's purse.

Damn, Doyoung wasn't lying when he said they were rich.

"Hold this." Yena demanded as she passed Taeyong the bag before clapping her hands together exiting the store. "Now it's your turn."

"Excuse me?" Taeyong said as he took the bag holding the red dress from Yena's hands.

"If you think I'm going to let you stroll in and convince Jaehyun to let you join our gang looking like that, you are wrong." Yena said, pulling Taeyong into a store full of shirts.

"Hey, what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" Taeyong said with a pout as he looked down at his baggy clothes but he could tell Yena wasn't convinced as she shot him a glare.

"Everything. Now what's your favourite colour?" Yena asked, eyeing the different shirts, eyes settled on the silk ones.

She has a thing for silk, doesn't she?

"Pink." Taeyong answered, earning another look from Yena. He wasn't going to back down though as he crossed his arms. "Only the manliest men can pull off the colour pink."

"Whatever you say, Princess." Yena said, pulling a dusty pink silk shirt off the rack and exchanging the shopping bag with it. "Go try this on."

"So demanding." Taeyong mumbled before heading to the change room to try to shirt Yena had picked.