Chapter 27

I was supposed to marry him. Appa sent me here so I could marry him.

It made so much sense yet Yena couldn't believe any of it as Jaehyun continued rambling on.

"Out of everywhere, Yena, he sent you here, to my home, and you didn't find that weird?" Jaehyun asked her. "You didn't realize that your father had any other intentions aside from wanting you to join the Ghouls?"

Yena stayed quiet, eyes on the ground. A part of her was glad that she didn't realize sooner but at the same time, she wanted to shove her head into the nearest wall.

How? How did I not know?

"I forgive you though." Jaehyun said, removing the ring from the box. "I know we all have off days sometimes."

Jaehyun was approaching her again, but now with the ring in his hands. "I also forgive you for killing my mother."

That made Yena look up. "Seven was your mother?"

"Biologically, yes, legally, no." Jaehyun said with a smirk. "My father accidentally got his mistress pregnant but obviously couldn't tell his wife that. I found out eventually though."

No wonder he was so upset.

"Probably could have treated Seven better too, but it's in the past now. She was getting old and couldn't keep up anyways so I guess you did her a favour."

Yena couldn't meet Jaehyun's eyes as he lifted her hand, beginning to slide the ring onto her left ring finger.

"I forgive you for all that because you're my partner, Yena. My number two, my co-leader. We both know that we're the exact same, we were made for each other. I promise you I can show you so much more than Taeyong ever will, that man is pathetic anyways."

"No." Yena said just as Jaehyun finished placing the ring on her finger.

"What?"

"I said no!" Yena yelled, forcefully pushing Jaehyun away from her. "You will never be anything close to Taeyong."

"Well I mean, I don't want to be. That would be a downgrade, don't you-"

Jaehyun never got to finish his sentence as Yena had used her training to pin him down on the floor. Jaehyun was struggling under her grip, which was exactly what she wanted.

"Do you really think I would forget my training, Jaehyun?" Yena said, smirking. "Tch, I thought you were better than that."

Jaehyun jaw was clenched as he tried to get out but it was no use. Yena was too strong.

"I was born for this, Jaehyun. Born to be a killer, you'll never be on my level, you won't even come close. How foolish of you to think we were equals." Yena continued, pushing Jaehyun into the floor so hard, she was beginning to draw blood.

"But I'll let you compare yourself to me because our families are similar. I forgive you for that, Jaehyun." Yena said before her eyes darkened.

Jaehyun's eyes widened in fear as Yena wrapped her fingers around his neck, cutting his airways. He began squirming but Yena kept her grip on the male.

"I know you know something I don't, Jaehyun. So tell me, who killed Taeyong's family?"

What Yena didn't expect though was for Jaehyun to smile before she felt the world turn upside down.

...

The heads inside the pub turned as the door burst open.

Taeyong was surpised to see Yuta there, Taeil immediately standing up.