Chapter 15

Taeyong woke up to find a key and note beside his bed.

I left you with her not only so she could take care of you but so you can take care of her. She's a lot nicer than she acts, trust me. If you need anything, shoot me a message, I left my number in your phone.

- Doyoung

Taeyong picked up his phone which had magically been plugged in overnight. Sure enough, Doyoung's number was there.

I thought he left last night.

Taeyong sighed, thinking about what to do next as he stepped out of his room. Yena seemed dangerous, very dangerous but at the same time, she also seemed like his best chance at getting the eyes of his family back.

As he passed by Yena's room, the door was fully open so he took a peek inside, getting a glance at the sleeping girl.

Yena looked peaceful as she hugged tightly onto her pillow and Taeyong couldn't help but wonder how this was the same girl that he had met at the auction.

A leader of the Ghouls too.

Yena rolled over and Taeyong decided to head to the main floor, taking a look at what Yena had in her kitchen.

Stale bread and an empty fridge. Lovely.

Taeyong stared at his phone, thinking about what to do next. He had sent Mark and Haechan a text before falling asleep again, notifying them that he was indeed alive and well after the auction.

Speaking of them, they would be up by now, right?

...

Yena couldn't fall asleep until the sun rose the next morning so she wasn't the least bit surprised when she rolled to her side, picking up her phone to see that it was already the middle of the day.

Not like you had any plans anyways.

Yena groaned as she realized she had to feed herself as her stomach growled.

Take out breakfast sucks though.

Yena immediately sat up as she smelled something off with her house.

Is someone cooking?!

Yena ran downstairs to see Taeyong standing there. Sure enough, he was cooking.

"You're awake." Taeyong said as he turned his head towards her.

Yena immediately adjusted her robe, running her fingers through her hair, knowing that she definitely looked like a mess.

"And you're still here." Yena said, crossing her arms as she took a peek at what Taeyong was making. Pancakes. "Where did you even get the ingredients for that?"

"I went grocery shopping." Taeyong said, using his head to motion towards the key on the counter. "Doyoung got me a key."

Yena narrowed her eyes as she caught sight of the copy.

The idiot stole my key and came back!

"If you want to shower first, go ahead. I still need a bit more time."  Taeyong told her, looking up from the pan.

As much as Yena wanted to refuse the food Taeyong was cooking, it looked and smelled delicious and her growling stomach was betraying her.

"Don't you dare eat before me." Yena told him before making her way upstairs to get ready for the day.

...

Taeyong held in his smile as he watched Yena's eyes widened at the sight of the plate in front of her.