Chapter 18

Yena couldn't help but stare at her phone as she sat on her bed, having trouble sleeping once again.

You're just overthinking, Yena told herself as she shook the images of Seven and the little girl she killed for Doyoung out of her head.

Might as well check if he's dead yet, Yena thought as she picked up her phone, putting it to her ear after dialing the number.

"Wasn't expecting you to call this fast." Doyoung answered and Yena could tell he was smirking on the other side.

"Wasn't expecting you to be alive." Yena replied, making her cousin chuckle.

"Didn't know that sneaking up on my father was all that was needed to convince them to keep me alive." Doyoung told her before his voice changed. "Yena what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." Yena lied but she knew that Doyoung saw right through her.

"It's the middle of the night and there's no auction. You should be sleeping but you're calling me instead, something's wrong."

Yena sighed as she lay down in her bed. "I don't know okay, I just can't sleep."

"Alright, no need to get mad." Doyoung quickly said. "I'm just worried about you."

"You don't need to be, I'm fine." Yena said, trying to sound firm but she knew it didn't come out that way.

Doyoung took the hint though, quickly changing the topic. "How's Taeyong?"

"Taeyong? He's good. He's part of the Ghouls now, I'm going to take him to get his tattoo tomorrow." Yena told him. That's when she realized something.

"Wait, how did you know?" Yena asked, sitting back up on her bed.

"Know what?" Doyoung asked back.

"How did you know Taeyong was skilled?" Yena clarified.

"I told you, he could see perfectly in the dark that night in the auction." Doyoung told her. "That takes training Yena, we both know that."

Who is he?

"I have to go." Yena said as she quickly hung up, getting out of bed. She hurriedly made her way downstairs to find Taeyong in the kitchen with a mug of tea, dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

What the heck, I thought he was sleeping!

"Did I wake you up?" Taeyong asked as Yena tried to act natural, slipping past him to grab a glass herself.

"No, I was already awake." Yena said, pouring herself a glass of water.

"Can't sleep?" Taeyong asked, turning to face her.

There was something about Taeyong that made her uneasy and she couldn't quite exactly place it as she felt his eyes wander her body.

Even though she was wearing her nightgown, the way Taeyong was looking at her made her feel insecure.

"No, nothing's wrong." Yena said avoiding Taeyong's eyes.

Why are you acting so stupid?

"Does it hurt?" Taeyong asked.

Yena was confused as she glanced at the male. Taeyong pointed to her neck. "It's still red."

"I'm fine." Yena told him but Taeyong didn't seem convinced as he put his mug down, pulling Yena to the couch.

"Stay here." Taeyong instructed before disappearing into his room.

"What am I? A dog?" Yena mumbled as she crossed her arms, feeling a little cold and regretted wearing a nightgown with spaghetti straps.