Prologue

"Okay boys, you two can go." Taeyong's mother said, patting her son's shoulder. "But what's our one rule?"

"Don't let our eyes turn blue!" Taeyong and Ten responded cheerfully. Satisfied, Taeyong's mother patted the two boys on the back, guiding them out of the room where the guards would drive them out to the city, letting them explore for the day.

Taeyong and Ten walked along the streets, viewing every part of city that they could. It was something that they longed to do for a while now, but was unable to do so until now.

Why?

Taeyong and Ten were both part of the Lee Family and the Lee Family were no ordinary humans. They posessed this magical ability where their eyes would change from brown to an icy blue when feeling deep emotions. This could be anger, sadness, love, just to name a few, but varies from person to person.

This special ability made the Lees seem like abominations to the public, which is why most stayed inside the Lee mansion located in the forest, hidden from others. It wasn't until they could control their emotions to a point where they could calm themselves before their eyes would change colour that the elders would allow them to leave.

Taeyong and Ten, cousins and best friends, would train together during their spare time until eventually, they proved that they could do it. Today was the day that they would finally get to explore the city, without the supervision of any adults.

"Taeyong, look!" Ten exclaimed, pointing at one of the store displays. It was a jewellery store, but not one of those sparkly, pastel coloured ones. This one had black walls and had only silver, gold, and black accessories, most being skulls or crosses.

"Wow." Taeyong said, peering at the display. His eyes automatically landed on a gold chain with a dragon on it.

"Let's go get our ears pierced!" Ten said, pulling Taeyong inside without any warning. Ten quickly told the worker what he wanted, taking the money they had saved up for this day.

"What about you?" The worked asked Taeyong.

"Just one ear." Taeyong said, earning a groan from Ten.

"Come on, don't be lame!" Ten teased. Taeyong simply smiled.

"A cartilage too." Taeyong said. The worker nodded.

Soon the two boys were done with their new piercings, paying the worker for his services. That's when the worker took out a small black box, passing it to Taeyong.

"What's this?" Taeyong asked, looking at it. The worker gave him a small smile.

"I saw you looking at it outside. You two boys have been a lot nicer than most of my other clients, so take this as a token of thanks." The worker them.

"Ooo." Ten said as he leaned over Taeyong's shoulder as he opened the box, revealing the gold dragon necklace.

"Thank you." Taeyong said, giving the worker a deep bow.

"No problem. Come back anytime." The worker said, giving the two young boys a wave as they left the shop.

"We should probably head back." Ten said, pointing to the clock on the huge tower in the middle of the city. The sky had darkened and night was going to be upon them soon.

"Yeah, we should." Taeyong said, agreeing with his cousin.

The two boys took the bus back to the closest bus stop to their mansion, following the careful instructions. Once they got off, they proceeded to walk for about an hour before they reached the outer gates, except that they were busted and the bodies of the guards were on the ground, blood pooling around them.