Chapter 4

A pair of males that were younger than Taeyong caught his eye as he roamed the streets.

One had a guitar in his hands while the other was singing with his friend, the two of them making music as people passed by, tossing coins into the open guitar case.

Taeyong stood among the crowd watching them, waiting for their song to end and the people to fade before approaching them.

"Haechan, that was great." The male with dark hair and the guitar said. His friend nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, your voice didn't crack this time." The male with tanned skin said with a smile.

"It was amazing." Taeyong said, making the friends turn towards him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I just loved it so much."

Taeyong watched as the one named Haechan glanced at his friend before turning back to him. "You're not from here, are you?"

Taeyong gulped. Was it that obvious?

"No, I'm not." Taeyong said.

The boys exchanged looks again and Taeyong felt a wave of relief was over him as the one with the guitar gave him a small smile before sticking out his hand.

"My name is Mark and this is Haechan. We're buskers who make money off the tourists that come here for the auctions but no one really appreciates music that much around here." Mark told him.

"It must be hard." Taeyong said, pulling out his wallet. He didn't have much and wanted to spend it for his own trip but at the same time, wanted to give something to the boys.

They must have noticed as they immediately shook their heads.

"It's okay, we have connections here, we'll be fine." Mark told him.

"You, on the other hand, probably won't. All the hostels were bought out so unless you're rich enough to stay in the expensive hotels or know someone here, you're going to be sleeping on the streets." Haechan said, giving him a look.

Taeyong bit his lip at the words. That was the last thing he wanted to hear.

"Ah, don't worry him about that." Mark told Haechan, giving him a light slap. "Hyung, you can join us until you find a place."

"Is that okay?" Taeyong asked, glancing at Haechan who shrugged.

"I don't mind."

"Alright, let's go then. I'm starving." Mark said, getting up.

Taeyong smiled as he followed the two boys down the streets of Neo City, listening to the two of them bicker over the simplest things.

...

Pathetic, Yena thought as she walked up the steps of the abandoned church. That man was absolutely pathetic.

Yena had effortlessly taken Jaehyun's partner out, carrying the cross necklace that he had in her pockets. Yena thought he was a decent fighter, but he was no match for her.

The sound of the doors creaking echoed through the church as she watched the heads turn towards her. Most of the furniture was moved out and it seemed like the Ghouls had splayed them out on empty stools and tables, or settled on the cold floor.

The Ghouls ranged in gender, age, and size. She noticed a tall and lanky girl wearing a suit while there was also a short and chubby male who honestly looked like a farmer to her.

Yena's footsteps were loud as she walked towards Jaehyun, who was standing in front of the stained glass windows of the church, a satisfied look on his face as he met Yena's eyes.