Day 7 (Pt.2)

----

Sapnap

----

I look down at her hand, confused. I have a sister? What if she's lying, I just met her?

"How?" I manage to stumble out. She puts her hand down and reaches into her purse, pulling out two small polaroids. She hands them to me, sighing deeply. I place the groceries down grabbing the photos. One was a photo of a little girl, she had a blanket wrapped around her body, the black and white showed small freckles dotting her face. The photo was identical to the photo I found at the house. 

The other photo was of a young girl about 10 sitting with her head down, holding a baby boy. I thumbed over the photograph as I studied the features of the young boy. They all look faintly familiar. That's when I realized the little boy was me. I looked up at the girl in front of me, her face somber. 

"Y-your dead," I held my head in my hands confused. Growing up I've been the only child. My earliest memories were of my dad pushing me on the swingset. I have never had any memories with another person. 

"That's what everyone is supposed to-" She was cut off by a faint growl from behind us. She whipped herself around eyeing the dark hallway. I quickly snatched up the groceries, holding some in my arms. She turned to me, her dark eyes filled with fear. I rushed towards the door, walking backward. 

"Are you coming?" I asked in a hurried tone. She nodded following behind me quickly. I followed my path back to the truck, by now the second rain had already finished and the clouds had left the sky. The sun was just peaking over the hills on the horizon. 

The truck came into view, the light peaking through the back window. I looked back at Lexi as I placed the bags on top of the truck. Her eyes were wet with tears as she stared into the horizon. I quickly finished placing the bags down and stood next to her. She looked over at me and smiled shaking her head lightly.

"My first sunrise in 14 years," Her voice cracked slightly. I stayed silent, looking at the horizon. The colors began to dance across the mountain tops. hues of pink and orange merged creating a golden landscape. I look back at the truck quickly walking to the driverside door. I open it, looking around. There was no sign of Karl. I felt my heart rate increase as I scanned the treeline. 

"Karl!" I called out, my eyes daring into the light forest. I walked to the passenger side door, my eyes following the faint footprints. I began to follow them, ignoring Lexi's questions. I followed them to the bank of the pond. I knelt, grabbing a small piece of fabric. I thumbed over the fabric holding it in my hand. It was from his hoodie, well my hoodie. I felt my heart rate speed up as I fell onto the wet grass. 

Lexi sat next to me, looking down at my hands. "Please tell me what's going on?" Her voice was caring and worried. I looked up at her, tears pricked my eyes lightly. He's dead, isn't he?

"I found him, he lost everything. We have been with each other since," I spoke carefully not wanting to reveal too much. I looked into the water, it rippled slightly in the morning breeze. Reflecting the color of the sky. 

"You like him don't you," She asked throwing a flat rock across the water. It skipped a few ties before making a plop sound as it descended towards the bottom of the pond. Three ripples traveled across the water before colliding together. 

I looked into her eyes lightly, not wanting to answer. To be honest I didn't fully know. I've never felt this way before. I've never been 'in love' with anyone. Nor have I even thought about dating a man. It's not that I thought it was wrong, more as I've just never really thought that I could like men.